- Andiappan M, Gao W, Bernabe E, Kandala N-B, Donaldson N Malocclusion, Orthodontic Treatment and the Oral Health Impact Profile (OHIP-14): Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Angle Orthod.
2014 Aug 26. PMID: 25157973.
- Banerjee A, Srinivas M, Eyre R, Ellis R, Waugh N, Bardhan K D, Basumani P. Faecal calprotectin for differentiating between irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease: a useful screen in daily gastroenterology practice. Frontline Gastroenterology, doi:10.1136/flgastro-2013-100429 [article]
- Bassuk E L, DeCandia C J, Tsertsvadze A, Richard M K. The effectiveness of housing interventions and housing and service interventions on ending family homelessness: a systematic review. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry 2014, Vol.84, No. 5, 457 - 474, dx.doi.org/10.1037/ort0000020 [article]
- Bennet O, Kandala NB, Ji C, Linnane J, Clarke A. Spatial variation of heart failure and air pollution in Warwickshire, UK: an investigation of small scale variation at the ward-level. BMJ Open, doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2014-006028. [article]
Bhui K, Aslam R, Palinski P, McCabe R, Johnson MRD, Weich S, Singh S, Knapp M, Ardino A, Szczepura A. Interventions designed to improve therapeutic communications between black and minority ethnic people and professionals working in psychiatric services: a systematic review of the evidence for their effectiveness. Health Technology Assessment 2014. [In press]
Blunt I, Bardsley M, Grove A, Clarke A. Classifying emergency 30-day readmissions in England using routine hospital data 2004-2010. What is the scope for reduction? Emergency Medicine Journal, 25th March 2014, doi:10.1136/emermed-2013-202531 [article]
- Callaghan M, Felson DT, Parkes MJ, Hutchinson CE. Factors associated with arthrogenous muscle inhibition in persons with patellofemoral osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 22 (6) p742-746. doi:10.1016/j.oca.2014.03.015 [article]
- Cheema E, Sutcliffe P, Singer DRJ. The impact of interventions by pharmacists in community pharmacies on control of hypertension: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. BJCP, 2014. DOI: 10.1111/bcp.12452. [article]
- Chen X, Graham J, Hutchinson C, Muir L. Automatic Generation of Statistical Pose and Shape Models for Articulated Joints. Medical Imaging, IEEE Transactions on (Volume:33 , Issue: 2 ) 372 - 383.
Chirwa T , Kinziunga F, Mantempa JN, Kandala JD, Kandala N-B. An exploratory spatial analysis of geographical inequalities of birth intervals among young women in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC): a cross sectional study BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 2014, 14:271.
- Chung L, Herrick A, Hutchinson C et al. Validation of a novel Radiographic Scoring System for CalcinosisAffecting the Hands of Patients with Systemic Sclerosis Arthritis Care and Research. (accepted No ACR -14-0428).
- Clar C, Tsertsvadze A, Court R, Hundt GL, Clarke A, Sutcliffe P. Clinical effectiveness of manual therapy for the management of musculoskeletal and non-musculoskeletal conditions: systematic review and update of UK evidence report. Chiropractic & Manual Therapies 2014, 22:12. (doi:10.1186/2045-709X-22-12). [article]
Clarke A, Pulikottil-Jacob R, Connock M, Suri G, Kandala NB, Maheswaran H, Banner NR, Sutcliffe P. Cost-effectiveness of left ventricular assist devices (LVADs) for patients with advanced heart failure: Analysis of the British NHS bridge to transplant (BTT) program. Int J Cardiol. 2014 Feb 15;171(3):338-45.
- Collier A, Ghosh S, Hair M and Waugh N. Gender differences and patterns of cardiovascular risk factors in Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes: a population-based analysis from a Scottish region. Diabetic Medicine. doi: 10.1111/dme.12569 [article]
- Dale J, Lindenmeyer A, Lynch E, Sutcliffe P. Oral health: a neglected area of routine diabetes care? The British journal of general practice : the journal of the Royal College of General Practitioners.2014;64(619):103-4. doi: 10.3399/bjgp14X677301 [article]
Ellard DR, Chimwaza W, Davies D, et al. Can training in advanced clinical skills in obstetrics, neonatal care and leadership, of non-physician clinicians in Malawi impact on clinical services improvements (the ETATMBA project): a process evaluation. BMJ Open 2014; 4:e005751. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2014-005751.
- Emina JBO, Chirwa T, Kandala N-B. Trend in the use of modern contraception in sub-Saharan Africa: Does women’s education matter? Contraception, Epub 2014 Feb 10. doi: 10.1016/j.contraception.2014.02.001 [article]
- Emina J B O, Kandala N-B, Ye Y. Mother's educations, arms conflict and child nutritional status: Evidence from the Democratic Republic of Congo. DOUNIA, revue d'intelligence strategique et des relations internationales, Vol 7 Jan 2014 (in press).
Feeley, A-M & Biggerstaff, D. L. (accepted) Exam success at undergraduate and graduate-entry medical schools: Is motivation for learning or learning style more important? A critical review. Teaching & Learning in Medicine: An International Journal
- Fenner J, Wright B, Emberey J, Spencer P, Gillott R, Summers A, Hutchinson C, Lawford P, Brenchley P, Bardhan KD. Towards radiological diagnosis of abdominal adhesions based on motion signatures derived from sequences of cine-MRI images. Physica Media Volume 30, Issue 4, June 2014, Pages 437–447.
- Field RA, Fritz Z, Baker A, Grove A, Perkins GD. Systematic Review of Interventions to Improve Appropriate Use and Outcomes Associated with Do-Not-Attempt-Cardiopulmonary-Resuscitation Decisions. Resuscitation, 2014 vol 85 1418-1431. doi: 10.1016/j.resuscitation.2014.08.024 [article]
- Ford J A, Clar C, Lois N, Barton S, Thomas S, Court R, Shyangdan D, Waugh N. Treatments for macular oedema following central retinal vein occlusion: systematic review. BMJ Open2014;4:e004120 doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2013-004120. [article]
- Ford J A, Shyangdan D, Uthman O A, Lois N and Waugh N. Drug treatment of macular oedema secondary to central retinal vein occlusion: a network meta-analysis. BMJ Open2014;4:e005292 doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2014-005292 [article]
- Griffin D, Parsons N, Shaw E, Hutchinson C, Kulikov Y, Lamb S. The UK Heel Fracture Trial: A randomised controlled trial of operative versus non-operative treatment for patients with closed, displaced, intra-articular fractures of the calcaneus. BMJ 349:g4483.
- Gomez-Olive X, Thorogood M, Kandala N-B, Tigbe W, Kahn K, Tollman S, Stranges S. Sleep Problems and Mortality in Rural South Africa: Novel evidence on gender-specific associations. Sleep Medicine, 2014;15(1):56-63. doi: 10.1016/j.sleep.2013.10.003 [article]
- Gurumurthy M, Cotton SC, Sharp L, Smart L, Little J, Waugh N, Cruickshank ME. Postcolposcopy Management of Women With Histologically Proven CIN 1: Results From TOMBOLA. Journal of lower genital tract disease, Epub 2013 Nov 26. doi: 10.1097/LGT.0b013e3182a1772c [article]
Hartley L, Dyakova M, Holmes J, Clarke A, Lee MS, Ernst E, Rees K. Yoga for the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2014 Issue 5. Art. No.: CD010072. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD010072.pub2. [article]
- Jackson LJ, Auguste P, Low N, Roberts TE. Valuing the health states associated with Chlamydia trachomatis infections and their sequelae: a systematic review of economic evaluations and primary studies. Value in health : the journal of the International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research, 2014;17(1):116-30. doi: 10.1016/j.jval.2013.10.005 [article]
- Kandala NB, Connock M, Pulikottil-Jacob R, Mistry H, Sutcliffe P, Costa M, Clarke A. ‘Response to two recent BMJ papers on mortality of recipients of hip replacements’. BMJ2013;347:f6549. Published 31 January 2014. [article]
Kandala NB, Engineer N, Grammatopoulos D. Authors response to Stergiakouli et al. J Psychiatr Res. 2014 May 5 pii: S0022-3956(14)00121-6. doi: 10.1016/j.jpsychires.2014.04.015 [Epub ahead of print]
Kandala N-B, Kinziunga F, Mantempa JN, Kandala JD, Chirwa T. Disparities in modern contraception use among women in the Democratic Republic of Congo: a cross-sectional spatial analysis of provincial variations based on household survey data. Journal of Biosocial Sciences. 2014. p 1-18. doi: 10.1017/S0021932014000212 [article]
- Kandala N-B, Manda S, Tigbe W, Mwanbi H, Stranges S. Geographic distribution of cardiovascular comorbidities in South Africa: a national cross-sectional analysis. Journal of Applied Statistics, doi: 10.1080/02664763.2013.862223 [article]
Kandala NB, Mandungu TP, Mbela K, Nzita KP, Kalambayi BB, Kayembe KP, Emina JB. Child mortality in the Democratic Republic of Congo: cross-sectional evidence of the effect of geographic location and prolonged conflict from a national household survey. BMC Public Health. 2014 Mar 20 14(1):266. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-14-266 [article]
Kandala N-B, Stranges S. Geographic Variation of Overweight/Obesity among Women in Nigeria: A case for Nutritional Transition in Sub-Saharan Africa. PLoS One 2014. 9(6): e101103. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0101103 [article]
Kandala N-B, Stranges S. Geographic Variation of Overweight and Obesity among Women in Sub-Saharan Africa: a Case Study of Nigeria. Circulation 2014; 129: AMP73 [article]
Khatab K, Felten M, Kandala N-B, Ghilagaber G, Kraus T (2014). Risk factors associated with asbestos-related lung diseases: results of the asbestos surveillance programme Aachen. European Medical Journal (EMJ): Respiratory. December 12, 2014.
- Lawton J, Waugh N, Barnard KD, Noyes K, Harden J, Stephen J, McDowell J, Rankin D. Challenges of optimizing glycaemic control in children with Type 1 diabetes: a qualitative study of parents’ experiences and views. Diabetic Medicine. 2014. DOI: 10.1111/dme.12660. [article]
MacPherson P, Lalloo DG, Webb EL, Maheswaran H, Choko AT, Makombe SD, Butterworth AE, van Oosterhout JJ, Desmond N, Thindwa D, Squire SB, Hayes RJ, Corbett EL. Effect of Optional Home Initiation of HIV Care Following HIV Self-Testing on Antiretroviral Therapy Initiation Among Adults in Malawi: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA 2014 Jul 23-30;312(4):372-9. doi: 10.1001/jama.2014.6493.
- Mistry, H. Exploring two cost-adjustment methods for selection bias in a small sample: using a fetal cardiology dataset. International Journal of Technology Assesment in Healthcare. http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S026646231400021X
- Mistry H, Garnvwa H and Oppong R. Critical Appraisal of Published Systematic Reviews Assessing the Cost-Effectiveness of Telemedicine Studies. Telemedicine and e-Health July 2014, 20(7): 609-618. doi:10.1089/tmj.2013.0259 [article]
- Mistry H, Oppong R and Frew E J. Health Economics Education (HEE) Web Site: A tool to enhance Health Economics teaching in the United Kingdom. The Journal of Economic Education Volume 45 Issue 1 2014. DOI: 10.1080/00220485.2014.859972. [article]
Nachega JB, Uthman OA, Peltzer K, Richardson LA, Mills EJ, Amekudzi K, Ouédraogo A. Association between antiretroviral therapy adherence and employment status: systematic review and meta-analysis. Bulletin of the World Health Organization, Article ID: BLT.14.138149 [article]
- Pulikottil-Jacob R, Suri G, Connock M, Kandala NB, Sutcliffe P, Maheswaran H, Banner NR, Clarke A. Comparative cost-effectiveness of the HeartWare versus HeartMate II left ventricular assist devices used in the United Kingdom National Health Service bridge-to-transplant program for patients with heart failure. The Journal of heart and lung transplantation: the official publication of the International Society for Heart Transplantation, Epub 2014 Jan 21. doi: 10.1016/j.healun.2014.01.003 [article]
- Rankin D, Harden J, Waugh N, Noyes K, Barnard KD and Lawton J. Parents' information and support needs when their child is diagnosed with type 1 diabetes: a qualitative study. Health Expectations, DOI: 10.1111/hex.12244 [article]
- Rankin D, Harden J, Waugh N, Noyes K, Barnard KD, Stephen J, Robertson KJ, Bath L, Robertson L, Lawton J. Pathways to diagnosis: a qualitative study of the experiences and emotional reactions of parents of children diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Pediatric Diabetes, Epub 2014 Feb 19. doi: 10.1111/pedi.12124 [article]
- Reddy NL, Jones TA, Wayte S, Adesanya O, Sankar S, Yeo Y, Tripathi G, McTernanPG, Randeva H, Kumar S, Hutchinson CE, Barber T. Identification of brown adipose tissue using MR imaging in a human adult with histological and immunohistochemical confirmation. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. Jan; 99(1):E117-21.
- Rouse PC, Van Zanten JJCSV, Metsios GS, Ntoumanis N, Yu C, Koutedakis Y, Fenton SAM, Coast J, Mistry H, Kiras GD, Dada JL. Fostering autonomous motivation, physical activity and cardiorespiratory fitness in rheumatoid arthritis: protocol and rationale for a randomised control trial. BMC Musculoskeletal disorders. 2014; 15:445. [article]
- Rumbold BE, Smith JA, Hurst J, Charlesworth A and Clarke A. Improving productive efficiency in hospitals: findings from a review of the international evidence. Health Economics, Policy and Law. doi: 10.1017/S174413311400022X [article]
- Saedon M, Dilshad A, Tiivas C, Virdee D, Hutchinson C E, Singer D R J, Imray C H E. Prospective validation study of transorbital Doppler ultrasound imaging for the detection of transient cerebral microemboli. BJS (accepted July 2014).
Searle, B, Szczepura, A, Biggerstaff, D, Khan A, Elliott, J. (2014) Children with Rare Chromosome Disorders: UK Families’ experiences of diagnosis and genetic counselling (2003 and 2013 surveys). The British Society for Genetic Medicine Conference, Liverpool, Sept, 2014
Stranges S, Samaraweera PC, Taggart F, Kandala N-B, Stewart-Brown S. Major Health-Related Behaviors and Mental Well-being in the General Population: The Health Survey for England. BMJ Open 2014;4:e005878.
Szczepura A, Manzoor S, Hardy K, Stallard N, Parsons H, Gossain S, Hawkey P. How do hospital professionals involved in a randomised controlled trial perceive the value of genotyping vs. PCR-ribotyping for control of hospital acquired C. difficile infections? BMC Infectious Diseases 14:154. 2014. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2334-14-154. [article]
Taylor-Phillips S, Clarke A, Grove A, Swan J, Parsons H, Gkeredakis E, Mills P, Powell J, Nicolini D, Roginski C, Scarbrough H. Coproduction in commissioning decisions: is there an association with decision satisfaction for commissioners working in the NHS? A cross-sectional survey 2010/2011. BMJ Open 2014 4:e004810 doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2014-004810. [article]
- Taylor-Phillips S, Elze MC, Krupinski EA, Dennick K, Gale AG, Clarke A and Mello-Thoms C. Retrospective review of the drop in observer detection performance over time in lesion-enriched experimental studies. Journal of Digital Imaging, DOI 10.1007/s10278-014-9717-9
- Taylor-Phillips S, Grove A, Hoffmeister S, Wheaton M, Coult S, Essex J, Hackney J, Di Cioccio S, Clarke A. 'Going paperless’ in an English NHS breast cancer screening service: the introduction of fully digital mammography. Health, 2014;6(5):468-74. doi: 10.4236/health.2014.65065 [article]
- Taylor-Phillips S, Wallis MG, Parsons H, Dunn J, Stallard N, Campbell H, Sellars S, Szczepura A, Gates S and Clarke A. Changing case order to optimise patterns of performance in mammography screening (CO-OPS): study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials 2014, 15:17, doi:10.1186/1745-6215-15-17 [article]
- Tsertsvadze A, Clar C, Court R, Clarke A, Mistry H, Sutcliffe P. Cost-Effectiveness of Manual Therapy for the Management of Musculoskeletal Conditions: A Systematic Review and Narrative Synthesis of Evidence From Randomized Controlled Trials. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics 2014 [article]
Tsertsvadze A, Grove A, Freeman K, Court R, Johnson S, Connock M, Clarke A, Sutcliffe P. Total hip replacement for the treatment of end stage arthritis of the hip: a systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS One [accepted in press]
Underwood M, Sutcliffe P, Connock M, Shyangdan D, Court R, Kandala N-B, Clarke A. A systematic review of evidence on malignant spinal metastates: technologies for identifying patients at high risk of vertebral fracture and spinal cord compression. The Bone and Joint Journal, 2014 vol. 96-B no. SUPP 4 31 [article]
Uthman OA, Magidson JF, Safren SA, Nachega JB. (2014) Depression and Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy in Low-, Middle- and High-Income Countries: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Curr HIV/AIDS Rep. Current HIV/AIDS reports, 11 (3), 291 - 307. doi: 10.1007/s11904-014-0220-1. [article]
White D, Waugh N, Elliott J, Lawton J, Barnard K, Campbell M, et al for the REPOSE group. The relative effectiveness of pumps over MDI and structured education (REPOSE): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open. 2014. [article]
White D, Waugh N, Elliott J, Lawton J, Barnard K, Campbell MJ, Dixon S, Heller S (on behalf of the REPOSE group). The relative effectiveness of pumps over MDI and structured education (REPOSE): study protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2014-006204 [article]
Wild D, Szczepura A, Bowman C, Kydd A, Wallis D. Differing perspectives on a role for technology in care homes to improve the lives of older people and the work environment of staff. Housing, Care and Support 2014. [In press]
Wilson A, O’Hare P, Hardy A, Raymond N, Szczepura A, Crossman R, Baines D, Khunti K, Kumar S, Saravanan S, on behalf of the ICCD trial group. Evaluation of the clinical and cost effectiveness of intermediate care clinics for diabetes (ICCD): a multicentre cluster randomised controlled trial. PLOS ONE 2014. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0093964 [article]
Wynn S, Searle B, Szczepura A, Biggerstaff DL, Khan A, Elliott J. Children with Rare Chromosome Disorders: UK Families’ experiences of diagnosis and genetic counselling up to 2003 compared with the following 10 years to 2013. British Society for Genetic Medicine, Liverpool, 22 – 24th September.