A briefing paper has been produced for each of the four workshops. These summarise the key points from the discussion and highlight areas for future research.
- Briefing Paper 1: The Transparent Body? Diagnostic Radiology
- Briefing Paper 2: Anatomical Bodies: Plastinated Prosections in Medical Education
- Briefing Paper 3: Virtual Reality and Its Application to Healthcare
- Briefing Paper 4: 3D Foetal Ultrasound: Social and Clinical Meanings
Biomedical Visualisations and Society Bibliography
A Collaborative bibliography has been developed alongside the series of workshops.
Some of the powerpoint presentations from the workshops are available here.
- The Transparent Body? Introduction. Julie Palmer
- A sacred technology? Kelly Joyce
- Anatomical Bodies: Introduction. Julie Palmer
- Virtual Reality and its Application to Healthcare: Introduction. Julie Palmer
- VR and its Application to Healthcare. Mitan Solanki
- 3D Foetal Ultrasound: Social and Clinical Meanings. Julie Palmer
Participants offer their reflections on two of the workshops in these documents
- The Transparent Body? A reflection on the workshop in the form of an 'exquisite corpse'
- Participants' reflections on 'Anatomical Bodies'