Skip to main content
The pathology research platform based at UHCW supports multidisciplinary clinical research into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease within a fully accredited NHS laboratory.
- Tissue Bank - Allows use of samples surplus to diagnostic requirements for research.
- Molecular Pathology - PCR, Taqman array, and IonTorrent Sequencing for microbial and cancer studies
- Cellular Pathology - Omnyx digital pathology and image analysis, cytology and immunohistochemistry for a wide range of tissue-based studies
- Blood Sciences - Clinical Biochemistry, Serology and Haematology applications using high throughput methods
- Stratified/Personalised Medicine: developing diagnostics to guide treatment for cancer and infection
- Early disease diagnosis using sensitive molecular methods
- Analysis of patient pathways using clinical data