Duration: 5 days (3 +2)
Course Code: B9B0
Module Code: MH935
This course is suitable for anyone working in a healthcare setting with an interest in reducing the environmental impact of healthcare while maintaining high standards of quality and outcome. It will also interest those engaged with developing teaching or advising on healthcare policy and practice.
Aims and Learning outcomes
This course aims:
- To enable students to identify and understand the environmental impact of healthcare services and the impact of environmental change on health and healthcare
- To equip students with the knowledge and skills to change and adapt healthcare provision both to reduce its environmental impact and to respond to health issues resulting from environmental change
During the course, students will learn about:
- Climate change, environmental sustainability and biodiversity, and the impact on public health, inequalities and healthcare
- The potential for improving the environment, public health and health care systems through attention to issues of environmental sustainability
- Policy, ethics, the professions, and social movement as they related to environmental sustainability and healthcare
- How to use and assess carbon footprinting methodology and other relevant assessment methodologies (e.g. waste management assessment) for a healthcare setting
- Professional skills including, information gathering, teaching and learning including peer to peer learning, organisational development and systems improvement to take account of environmental sustainability and healthcare
- How to include environmental sustainability as one aspect within the process of clinical evidence assessment and review for clinical decision making, guideline development and healthcare service prioritisation
- MSc routes: Public Health MPH, Child Health MSc, Research Methods in Health Sciences MSc, Health Services Management MSc
- Not sure an MSc is for you? Take this module as a non-accredited course or a Postgraduate Award, or attend the conference on day 1 only. Contact us (Mandie dot Drew at warwick dot ac dot uk) for more information.
Got a question?
T: +44 (0)24 7657 4514
Wed 27 Jun '18Wed 04 Jul '18Mon 09 Jul '1809/07 - 13/07: Assessment in Clinical Education - Cohort A02Wed 11 Jul '18