Explore our exciting and dynamic taught masters courses
Our courses will help you to further your education and make an impact on your future career. Whether that lies in academic or industrial research, teaching, scientific communication or elsewhere, we have a range of courses to suit your needs and interests.
Explore our courses:
- Analytical and Polymer Science (MSc)
- Analytical Sciences and Instrumentation (MSc)
- Molecular Analytical Science (MSc)
- Polymer Chemistry (MSc)
- Polymer Science (MSc)
- Scientific Research and Communication (MSc)
- Chemistry with Scientific Writing (MSc)
You might also be interested in our student blogs
Our MSc in Research lets you spend a year conducting full-time research in an area in which you wish to specialise.
You will be learning alongside some of the world’s top academics at a university that continues to commit to the best research infrastructure and facilities.
This course offers great flexibility, allowing you to plan your own studies.
- Option to submit your own research proposal
- Lab-based - independent study with no lectures
- Opportunity to work closely with your supervisor and the research group
- Self-guided study, one year in duration, with a thesis at the end
If you are passionate about research in Chemistry there is also the option to continue onto a Ph.D.
A significant part of all of our taught masters courses involves a research project (40%). You will have the opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research projects and work with world-leading research groups to tackle important research problems.
These are our principle research areas at Warwick:
- Analytical science and instrumentation
- Polymer chemistry and science
- Chemical biology
- Interfaces and materials
- Synthesis and catalysis
- Theory and simulation
All graduate students, postdocs and other staff have dedicated space including state of the art laboratories and write-up areas. We have all the facilities you might need for world class research in chemistry. The Instrumental and workshop facilities are superb and our research facilities include:
- Eight high-field NMR spectrometers
- X-ray diffraction equipment
- Chromatographic equipment
- High performance computers
Find out more about the facilities we offer at Warwick.
Read what past Warwick chemistry masters students have to say in our student testimonials
"From previous experience, I’d already decided that I’d like to specialise in polymer chemistry and for me the Warwick polymer MSc content really stood out from all of the masters available. The course seemed to have been approached in a modern way, which enabled me to get a feel for current research being undertaken in this field at the time."
Annette Christie, Polymer Chemistry
There are a number of different ways to visit the University of Warwick throughout the year.
We host bespoke postgraduate visits, where you can talk directly with the department and explore our campus through a personalised tour.