Pilar Perez Hurtado. PhD student (FT-ICR-MS)
Department of Chemistry
University of Warwick
+44 (0) 2476 151 304
My research has been focused on monitoring deamidation of asparagines in collagen extracted from ancient bones using Fourier-Transform Ion Cyclotron Resonance Mass Spectrometry (FT-ICR-MS). The goal of the research is to establish a correlation between age and the extent of deamidation of collagen, which could potentially be used as a relative dating tool.
Perez P., Lopez-Clavijo A., Duque-Daza C.A., Kilgour D., Barrow M., Higham T., O’Connor P."Use of FT-ICR-MS to differenciate aspartic acid from isoaspartic acid in collagen from ancient bones". In preparation, 2013.
Qi, Y.; Li, H.; Wills, R. H.; Perez P.; Yu, X.; Kilgour, D. P. A.; Barrow, M. P.; Lin, C.; O'Connor, P. B., Absorption-Mode Fourier Transform Mass Spectrometry: the Effects of Apodization and Phasing on Modified Protein Spectra. J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom. Just published online.
Perez P., Collins M., Mbugi A., Lopez-Clavijo A., Kilgour D., Barrow M., O'Connor T., O’Connor P. “FT-ICR-MS Approach to monitor asparagine deamidation in collagen from medieval cow bones”. Submitted to Analytical Chemistry, 2012.
- Perez P., Lam P., Kilgour D., Bristow A., McBride E., O’Connor P., Use of High Resolution Mass Spectrometry for the Analysis of Polymeric Excipients in Drug Formulations. Analytical Chemistry, 2012. Article first published online: September 24, 2012. DOI: 10.1021/ac301576h
B. Du, P. Perez, B.W. Brooks, C.K. Chambliss. Evaluation of an isotope dilution liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry method for pharmaceuticals in fish. Journal of Chromatography A, 2012, 1253 (2012) 177– 183.
- Perez P., O’Connor P. Deamidation of Collagen. Analytical Chemistry. 2012, 84 (6), 3017–3025.
- Perez P., O’Connor P. Differentiation of Isomeric Amino Acid Residues in Proteins and Peptides Using Mass Spectrometry. Mass Spectrometry Reviews. Article first published online: 9 Feb 2012, DOI:10.1002/mas.20357
- Y. Qi, S. Van Orden, C. Thompson, M. Barrow, H. Li, P. Perez, and P. O’Connor. Variation of the Fourier Transform Mass Spectra Phase Function with Experimental Parameters. Anal. Chem. 2011, 83, 8477-8483.
Valenti T., Perez P., Chambliss K., Brooks B., Aquatic Toxicity of sertraline to pimephales promelas at environmental relevant surface water pH. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 2009. 28 (12): p. 2685-2694.
Ramirez A., Brain R., Usenko S., Mottaleb M., O'Donnel J., Perez P., Dobbins L., Pitts J., Snyder B., Wathen J., Stahl L., Brooks B., Chambliss K. Occurrence of pharmaceuticals and personal care products in fish: results of a national pilot study in the United States. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 2009. 28 (12): p. 2587-2597.
Convit J., Ulrich M., Castillo J., De Lima H., Perez M., Caballero N., Hung J., Arana B., Perez P., Inorganic particles in the skin of inhabitants of volcanic areas of Central America: their possible immunomodulatory influence in leishmaniasis and leprosy, T. Roy. Soc. Trop. Med. H. 2006, 100, 734.
- Oral presentation titled “Monitoring deamidation of collagen peptides in ancient bones using FT-ICR-MS” at "British Mass Spectrometry Society” meeting. AstraZeneca, Cheshire, UK. April 2012.
- Oral presentation titled “Monitoring deamidation of collagen peptides in ancient bones using FT-ICR-MS” at the 10th European Fourier Transform Mass Spectrometry Workshop. Coventry, UK. April 2012.
- Invited to give an oral presentation titled “Determination of deamidation sites in collagen using FT-ICR-MS” at the 20th London Biological Mass Spectrometry Discussion Group. London, UK. October 2011.
- Oral presentation titled “Deamidation of collagen” at “British Mass Spectrometry Society” meeting. Cardiff, UK. September 2011.
- Poster presentation titled “Deamidation of collagen” at “American Society for Mass Spectrometry.” Denver CO, USA. June 2011.
- 9th European FT-ICR-MS workshop. Switzerland, 2010.
- Oral presentation at “Asociación Venezolana para el Avance de la Ciencia.” Caracas, Venezuela. October 2005.
- Optics and Photonic Course at the “V Latin American Meeting of Optics and VIII Latin American Meeting of Optics, Lasers and their Applications.” Margarita Island, Venezuela. October 2004.