School of Engineering
University of Warwick
CV4 7AL, UK
Phone: +44 (0)24 765 23141
Fax: +44 (0)24 76 418922
Structural health monitoring, damage detection, intelligent infrastructure, data interpretation methods, measurement system design and computer-aided engineering.
Irwanda Laory graduated from Bandung Institute of Technology, Indonesia, with a BSc in Civil Engineering and then went on to Bauhaus Universiteit Weimar, Germany, where he undertook a master program (Natural Hazard and Mitigation in Structural Engineering) and obtained his MSc in civil engineering. This was followed by his PhD at Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland. His doctoral study focused on methodologies for data interpretation during continuous monitoring of structures. He is a member of several professional associations such as International Society for Structural Health Monitoring of Intelligent Infrastructure (ISHMII), European Group for Intelligent Computing in Engineering (EG-ICE) and American Society of Civil Engineering (ASCE).
Please contact Dr. Laory for potential PhD projects. A number of scholarships are offered by The University of Warwick every year and other funding opportunities may exist as well.
- Zhu Y., Ni Y., Jesus A., Liu J. and Laory I. (2018). Thermal strain extraction methodologies for bridge structural condition assessment. Smart Materials and Structures. 27(10), 105051.
- Jesus A., Broomer P., Zhu Y. and Laory I. (2017). Comprehensive Bayesian Structural Identification using Temperature Variation. Engineering Structures. Vol 141, p. 75-82
- Laory I., Trinh T., Smith I. and Brownjohn J. (2014). Methodologies for predicting natural frequency variation of a suspension bridge. Engineering Structures. Vol 80, p. 211-221
- Laory I., Trinh T., Posenato D., and Smith I. (2013). Combined Model-Free Data-Interpretation Methodologies for Damage Detection During Continuous Monitoring of Structures. Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, vol 27(6), p. 657–666.
- Laory I., Hadj Ali N., Trinh T., and Smith I. (2012). Measurement System Configuration for Damage Identification of Continuously Monitored Structures. Journal of Bridge Engineering. 17, SPECIAL ISSUE: Nondestructive Evaluation and Testing for Bridge Inspection and Evaluation, p. 857-866.
- Laory I., Trinh, T and Smith, I. (2011). Evaluating two model-free data interpretation methods for measurements that are influenced by temperature. Advanced Engineering Informatics, vol. 25, p. 495-506.
- Aug 2018: Awarded, ENHANCE - Enabling Humanitarian Attributes for Nurturing Community-based Engineering, Erasmus + project (1 million euro), PI: Dr Georgia Kremmyda
- Dec 2017: Awarded, SHMII-8 Best Paper Award. 1st prize at the 8th International Conference on Structural Health Monitoring of INtelligent Infrastructure in Brisbane, Australia.
- Oct 2016: Awarded, Indonesian Endowment Fund for Education (£120k). Mr Pamuncak will start his doctoral study in May 2017
8 Feb 2016: Awarded, Institutional Links Grant (£68k)
- 10 March 2015: Awarded, British Council Indonesia Second City Partnership Travel Grant (£3k)
- 19 Feb 2015: Awarded, Warwick Impact Fund (£28k)
10 Dec 2014: Civil seminar by Prof B. Budiono from Institut Technology Bandung
Oct 2014: Welcome to new members of the team. Full time PhD students; Yanjie Zhu and Andre Jesus
22 July 2014: Awarded, International Partnership Fund (£10k)
24 Mar 2014: Dr Laory took part in Indonesia - UK Researcher workshop, 'Towards Sustainable Building and Infrastructure in Indonesia'.
15 Jan 2014: Awarded British Council Researcher Links Travel Grant
30 July 2013: Grant awarded by the University of Warwick to Dr Zivanovic, Dr Jones, Dr Laory and Prof. Johnson to conduct research on "Dynamic properties and damage identification of partially cracked reinforced concrete structures".
17 June 2013: Awarded Sustainable Cities GRP fund to investigate mobile sensing for structural health monitoring.
19 Apr 2013: Dr Laory presented a talk on "Methodologies for data interpretation during continuous monitoring of structures" at Princeton University, USA.
16 Apr 2013: Dr Laory took part in CUSP Urban Observatory Workshop in New York City.