Associate Professor in Geotechnical Engineering
School of Engineering
University of Warwick
Coventry, CV4 7AL
+44 (0)24 76 522339
+44 (0)24 76 524560
I obtained my B.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering from Sharif University of Technology in 2002, my M.Sc. degree in Geotechnical Engineering from Iran University of Science and Technology in 2004, and my PhD in Geotechnical Engineering from University of Exeter in 2008. After my PhD graduation, I worked as postdoctoral researcher on a number of industry/academia projects at several institutions including University of Strathclyde in the UK, Plaxis BV in the Netherlands, and Aalto University in Finland. Following a brief period as a lecture at University of Portsmouth, in 2013 I was appointed Assistant Professor in Geomechanics in the Department of Civil Engineering at University of Nottingham. In 2017, I joined University of Warwick as Associate Professor in Geotechnical Engineering.
My main research interests are in computational geomechanics and soil testing; my current primary directions of research are constitutive model development, experimental verification and numerical implementation, integrated theoretical, experimental and numerical modelling of natural soil's behaviour, laboratory element and meso-scale testing of soil and development of novel experimental solutions to understand and/or alter the hydraulic and mechanical behaviour of geomaterials.
Teaching Summary (recent years)
at University of Warwick:
Module leader for:
- ES96V: Finite Element Methods for Tunnelling (15 credits TUGS MSc students)
- ES3B6: Geotechnical Engineering (teaching 60% of the contents, 30 credits Third Year students)
- ES327: BEng Individual Project (Supervising 3 Third Year Projects each year)
- ES97M: MSc TUGS Group Design Project (Co-supervising the 45 credits MSc Projects)
at University of Nottingham
Module leader for:
- H21G11: Geotechnics I (10 credits Year one students)
- H24G05: Critical State Soil Mechanics (10 credits Fourth Year MEng and MSc students)
- H24CPR: Civil Engineering Research Project (Supervising MSc Projects)
- H24A03: MEng Group Design Project (Coordinating a fourth year group design project on "Design of a water reservoir")
- H24A04: MEng Individual Investigative Project (Supervising 3 Fourth Year Projects each year)
- H23A13: BEng Individual Investigative Project (Supervising 3 Third Year Projects each year)
I am always looking for high quality PhD students or collaborators to work on current or new research projects. Please directly contact if interested.
New PhD position is available (open PDF).
- New PhD student, Bradley Sheridan, has joined Dr Rezania's laboratory.
- Publish in the Special Issue on 'Geo-energy and Geo-resources Modeling and Application' in Journal of Porous Media. Submissions are now open, until Jan 2018. Email for further info.
- The joint 2017 UKInterPore conference and PREFRAC workshop, held in Warwick, was a great success! For further infor click here.
- PhD student Alexander Hardcastle won the best presentation award at the InterPore conference, well done Alex!
- New PhD position on Characterising engineering performance of embankments (open PDF).
- The PREFRAC project in collaboration with Prof Ranjith of Monash University, has been successfully awarded by the Monash-Warwick Alliance Seed Fund.
- The application for geo-lab research equipment has been successfully accepted by the the University ARC panel.
- Submit abstract for the 3rd UK InterPore Conference on 3-4 Sep 2017, at University of Warwick.
- Call for special issue contribution:Submission is now open for the special issue on Uncertainty Quantification and Multiple Scale Methods in Porous Media. For further information email or go to the journal webpage.