Friday 28th June 2019
Radcliffe, University of Warwick
9 am - 5 pm (Registration from 8.30 am)
Our annual one-day education conference is an opportunity for everyone involved in delivering Warwick Medical School's MB ChB to meet together for a day of professional development, updates on key topics in medical education and to share good practice in teaching medical students.
Our themes for 2019 include:
1. Partnerships in undergraduate medical education: Examples of collaborations to enhance the student experience; medical students, educators, patients, university and trusts working together to create ‘One Medical School’.
2. The Warwick Teacher: What does it mean to be a Warwick Teacher? Building on the ‘The Warwick Doctor’, what makes excellent teaching, what are the skills and qualities of good teachers, how can we promote teaching and teacher development and excellence?
3. Learning in clinical settings: Learning from every clinical encounter, enhancing bedside teaching, developing clinical reasoning skills, feedback for learning.
4. The role of technology in medical education.
5. Enhancing medical student learning, teaching and assessment.
6. Other proposals relevant to undergraduate medical education are also welcome.
Who should attend?
Everyone involved in delivering the MB ChB is invited to attend. Each year, a number of places at the conference are reserved for medical students with a special interest in medical education.
There is no charge to attend for those involved in teaching Warwick medical students.
Closing date for registration: Wednesday 12th June 2019. Please note that registration will close once the conference is full and we will operate a waiting list.
If you are no longer able to attend, please let us know.
Call for participation
Do you have a learning and teaching development, project or good practice to share? How have you developed teaching & learning in your organisation, block or specialty to provide a quality learning experience for medical students?
The call for abstracts is now open. Closing date for submissions: Tuesday 16th April.
For further information, please contact WMSfacultydevelop at warwick dot ac dot uk.