3D Foetal Ultrasound: Social and Clinical Meanings
6-7 July 2010
- Lisa M. Mitchell, Associate Professor, Department of Anthopology, University of Victoria
- Jan Steward, Director, Babybond
Topics for discussion are likely to include:
- The technological and social construction of 2D and 4D imagery: How does ultrasound imagery become meaningful?
- The social and political issues raised by routine ultrasound screening and of commercial scanning
- What is ultrasound scanning for? and who should decide this?
Participants will have the opportunity to visit 'Babybond' in Coventry and observe a 4D scan.
Information for Participants
Follow the link for information about the programme, travel and accommodation