Main research interests relate to: 1) Conducting economic evaluations alongside clinical trials; 2) Economics of healthcare; 3) Systematic reviewing; 4) Health technology assessment.
In Iran, Mandana completed a Medical degree, with distinction, at Tehran Azad University of Medical Sciences in 2003. There, between 2003 and 2012, she variously worked as a Medical Doctor and Research Assistant in two clinics and as a Team Leader in two pharmaceutical companies. After coming to the UK, she obtained a Masters degree in Public Health, with distinction, from Anglia Ruskin University in 2014 and worked there as a Research Assistant from 2013 to 2016.
Mandana completed a fully-funded PhD in Health Economics at the University of Birmingham in 2020. Mandana's PhD research in health economics was primarily aimed at exploring and developing methods for the economic evaluation of school-based interventions to prevent obesity in children in low- and middle- income countries. Mandana joined Warwick Medical School (Warwick Evidence) as a Research Associate in Health Economics in January 2020 and, after passing her viva, was promoted to Research Fellow in May 2020.
Mandana's main role within Warwick Evidence was to work with a multidisciplinary team preparing technology appraisal reviews commissioned by National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). In May 2021 Mandana joined Warwick Clinical Trials Unit where she works on conducting economic evaluations alongside various clinical trials.
- Grove, Amy L., Osokogu, Osemeke, Al-Khudairy, Lena, Mehrabian, Amin, Zanganeh, Mandana, Brown, Anna, Court, Rachel A., Taylor-Phillips, Sian, Uthman, Olalekan A., McCarthy, Noel D., Kumar, Sudhesh, Clarke, Aileen, 2021. Association between vitamin D supplementation or serum vitamin Dlevel and susceptibility to SARS-CoV-2 infection or COVID-19 including clinical course, morbidity and mortality outcomes? A systematic review. BMJ Open, 11
- Zanganeh, Mandana, Adab, Peymane, Li, Bai, Pallan, Miranda, Liu, Wei Jia, Hemming, Karla, Lin, Rong, Liu, Wei, Martin, James, Keung Cheng, Kar, Frew, Emma, 2021. Cost-effectiveness of a school-and family-based childhood obesity prevention programme in China : the ?CHIRPY DRAGON? cluster-randomised controlled trial. International Journal of Public Health, 66
- Zanganeh, Mandana, Adab, Peymane, Li, Bai, Frew, Emma, 2021. An assessment of the construct validity of the Child Health Utility 9D-CHN instrument in school-aged children : evidence from a Chinese trial. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes, 19
- Zanganeh, Mandana, Jordan, Mary, Mistry, Hema, 2021. A systematic review of economic evaluations for donor human milk versus standard feeding in infants. Maternal and Child Nutrition
- Pearce, Emma, Jolly, Kate, Jones, Laura L, Matthewman, Gemma, Zanganeh, Mandana, Daley, Amanda, 2020. Exercise for premenstrual syndrome : a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. BJGP Open, 4 (3)
- Li, Bai, Pallan, Miranda, Liu, Wei Jia, Hemming, Karla, Frew, Emma, Lin, Rong, Liu, Wei, Martin, James, Zanganeh, Mandana, Hurley, Kiya, Cheng, Kar Keung, Adab, Peymane, 2019. The CHIRPY DRAGON intervention in preventing obesity in Chinese primary-school--aged children : a cluster-randomised controlled trial. PLoS Medicine, 16 (11)
- Zanganeh, Mandana, Adab, Peymane, Li, Bai, Frew, Emma, 2019. A systematic review of methods, study quality, and results of economic evaluation for childhood and adolescent obesity intervention. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 16 (3), pp. 485-499
- Zanganeh, Mandana, Adab, Peymane, Li, Bai, Frew, Emma, 2018. Protocol for a systematic review of methods and cost-effectiveness findings of economic evaluations of obesity prevention and/or treatment interventions in children and adolescents. Systematic Reviews, 7 (1)
- Andrew, Sharon, McVicar, Andrew, Zanganeh, Mandana, Henderson, Nigel, 2015. Self-efficacy and relevance of bioscience for nursing, midwifery and healthcare students. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 24 (19-20), pp. 2965-2972
- Sedighi, S., Mohagheghi, M., Memari, F., Jahangir, R., Mousavi Jarrahi, A., Montazeri, A., Sedighi, Z., Mostaghimi Tehrani, M., Zanganeh, Mandana, 2006. Evaluation of two preoperative chemotherapy regimens for completeoperability of advanced gastric adenocarcinoma : a clinical trial. Tehran University Medical Journal, 64 (7), pp. 56-64