Main research interest: health care decision-making by children, young people and their families.</p><p>Other research interests include:</p><ul><li>empirical research on consent and rights in biomedical ethics and health care law</li><li>transitions between adolescent and adult health services</li><li>parents with mental health problems and their children's wellbeing</li><li>mental health promotion/promoting utilisation of mental health services by children, young people and their families</li><li>evaluating mental health interventions in child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS)</li><li>the benefits and challenges of multi-disciplinary and multi-agency working, including staff morale</li><li>the sociology of childhood and adolescence and how it affects health care provision and utilisation</li><li>attachment and health</li><li>user involvement in CAMHS</li></ul>
Moli is an Associate Clinical Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the University of Warwick and an Honorary Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist within a multi-disciplinary child and adolescent mental health service (CAMHS) in south Warwickshire.</p><p>Having graduated from Birmingham Medical School, Moli worked as a Junior Doctor in a number of specialties before completing her post-graduate training in psychiatry in the West Midlands and working as a Consultant Psychiatrist in west Kent.</p><p>Moli has a PhD in biomedical ethics and biomedical science from the University of Birmingham. She has been at Warwick since August 2002.
- 'Winston, Anthony P., 'Child, Samantha, 'Jackson, Joseph, 'Paul, Moli, 2022. 'Management of transitions to adult services for young people with eating disorders : survey of current practice in England. BJPsych Bulletin, pp. 1-6
'Russet, Frederick, 'Humbertclaude, Veronique, 'Davidovic Vrljicak, Nikolina, 'Dieleman, Gwen C., 'Dodig-?urkovi?, Katarina, 'Franic, Tomislav, 'Gerritsen, Suzanne E., 'de Girolamo, Giovanni, 'Hendrickx, Gaelle, 'Kerbage, Hala, 'McNicholas, Fiona, 'Maras, Athanasios, 'Paramala, Santosh, 'Paul, Moli, 'Schandrin, Aur?lie, 'Schulze, Ulrike M. E., 'Street, Cathy, 'Tuomainen, Helena, 'Wolke, Dieter, 'Singh, Swaran P. et al (Select to open full list), 2022.
'Gerritsen, Suzanne E., 'Maras, Athanasios, 'van Bodegom, Larissa S., 'Overbeek, Mathilde M., 'Verhulst, Frank C., 'Wolke, Dieter, 'Appleton, Rebecca, 'Bertani, Angelo, 'Cataldo, Maria G., 'Conti, Patrizia, 'Da Fonseca, David, 'Davidovi?, Nikolina, 'Dodig-?urkovi?, Katarina, 'Ferrari, Cecilia, 'Fiori, Federico, 'Frani?, Tomislav, 'Gatherer, Charlotte, 'De Girolamo, Giovanni, 'Heaney, Natalie, 'Hendrickx, Ga?lle et al (Select to open full list), 2021.
Santosh, P., Adams, L., Fiori, F., Davidovic, N., de Girolamo, G., Dieleman, G. C., Franic, T., Heaney, N., Lievesley, K., Madan, Jason, Maras, A., Mastroianni, M., McNicholas, F., Paul, Moli, Purper-Ouakil, D., Sagar-Ouriaghli, I., Schulze, U., Signorini, G., Street, Catherine, Tah, Priya et al (Select to open full list), 2020.
- Signorini, Giulia, Davidovic, Nikolina, Dieleman, Gwen, Franic, Tomislav, Madan, Jason, Maras, Athanasios, Mc Nicholas, Fiona, O'Hara, Lesley, Paul, Moli, Purper-Ouakil, Diane, Santosh, Paramala, Schulze, Ulrike, Singh, Swaran P., Street, Cathy, Tremmery, Sabine, Tuomainen, Helena, Verhulst, Frank, Warwick, Jane, Wolke, Dieter, de Girolamo, Giovanni, 2020. Transitioning from child to adult mental health services : what role for social services? Insights from a European survey. Journal of Children's Services, 15 (3), pp. 89-108
- Hendrickx, Gaelle, De Roeck, Veronique, Russet, Frédérick, Dieleman, Gwen, Franic, Tomislav, Maras, Athanasios, McNicholas, Fiona, Paul, Moli, Santosh, Paramala, Schulze, Ulrike, Signorini, Giulia, Singh, Swaran P., Street, Catherine, Tuomainen, Helena, Verhulst, Frank, Wolke, Dieter, Purper-Ouakil, Diane, Tremmery, Sabine, 2020. Transition as a topic in psychiatry training throughout Europe : trainees' perspectives. European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 29, pp. 41-49
- Tatlow-Golden, M., Gavin, B., McNamara, N., Singh, Swaran P., Ford, T., Paul, M., Cullen, W., McNicholas, F., 2018. Transitioning from child and adolescent mental health services with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in Ireland : case note review. Early Intervention in Psychiatry, 12 (3), pp. 505-512
Griffiths, Frances, Armoiry, Xavier, Atherton, Helen, Bryce, Carol, Buckle, Abigail, Cave, Jonathan A. K., Court, Rachel A., Hamilton, Kathryn, Dliwayo, Thandiwe Rebecca, Dritsaki, Melina, Elder, Patrick, Forjaz, Vera, Fraser, Joe, Goodwin, Richard, Huxley, Caroline J., Ignatowicz, Agnieszka, Karasouli, Eleni, Kim, Sung Wook, Kimani, Peter K., Madan, Jason et al (Select to open full list), 2018.
- Paul, Moli, 2016. Adolescents' rights : better for promoting individual rights or public health?. Adolescent Psychiatry, 4 (4), pp. 216-224
- Griffiths, Frances, Atherton, Helen, Barker, Jack R., Cave, Jonathan A. K., Dennick, Kathryn, Dowdall, Peter, Fraser, Joe, Huxley, Caroline J., Sung -Wook, Kim, Madan, Jason, Matharu, Harjit, Musumadi, Luhanga, Palmer, Tom M., Paul, Moli, Sankaranarayanan, Sailesh, Slowther, Anne, Sujan, Mark-Alexander, Sutcliffe, Paul, Sturt, Jackie, 2015. Improving health outcome for young people with long term conditions : the role of digital communication in current and future patient-clinician communication for NHS providers of specialist clinical services for young people receiving specialist clinical services - LYNC study protocol. Digital Health, pp. 1-13
- McNicholas, F., Adamson, M., McNamara, N., Gavin, B., Paul, Moli, Ford, T., Barry, S., Dooley, B., Coyne, I., Cullen, W., Singh, Swaran P., 2015. Who is in the transition gap? Transition from CAMHS to AMHS in the Republic of Ireland. Irish Journal of Psychological Medicine, 32 (01), pp. 61-69
- Newns, Kerri, Paul, Moli, Creedy, Kate, 2015. Action ethics : using action method techniques to facilitate training on ethical practice. Journal of Family Therapy, 37 (2), pp. 246-258
- Mitrofan, Oana, Paul, Moli, Weich, Scott, Spencer, Nick, 2014. Aggression in children with behavioural/emotional difficulties : seeing aggression on television and video games. BMC Psychiatry, 14 (1)
- Belling, Ruth, McLaren, Susan, Paul, Moli, Ford, Tamsin, Kramer, Tami, Weaver, Tim, Hovish, Kimberly, Islam, Zoebia, White, Sarah, Singh, Swaran P., 2014. The effect of organisational resources and eligibility issues on transition from child and adolescent to adult mental health services. Journal of Health Services Research & Policy, 19 (3), pp. 169-176
- McNamara, Niamh, McNicholas, Fiona, Ford, Tamsin, Paul, Moli, Gavin, Blanaid, Coyne, Imelda, Cullen, Walter, O'Connor, K., Ramperti, Nicolas, Dooley, Barbara, Barry, Siobhan, Singh, Swaran P., 2013. Transition from child and adolescent to adult mental health services in the Republic of Ireland : an investigation of process and operational practice. Early Intervention in Psychiatry, 8 (3), pp. 291-297
- Johnson, Sonia, Osborn, D., Araya, Ricardo, Wearn, Elizabeth, Paul, Moli, Stafford, M., Wellman, N., Nolan, Fiona, Killaspy, Helen, Lloyd-Evans, Brynmor, Anderson, E., Wood, S. J., 2012. Morale in the English mental health workforce : questionnaire survey. British Journal of Psychiatry, Vol.201 (No.3), pp. 239-246
- Wood, S., Stride, Chris, Threapleton, Kate, Wearn, Elizabeth, Nolan, Fiona, Osborn, D., Paul, Moli, Johnson, Sonia, 2011. Demands, control, supportive relationships and well-being amongst British mental health workers. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, Vol.46 (No.10), pp. 1055-1068
- Doug, Manjo, Adi, Y., Williams, Jacky, Paul, Moli, Kelly, Daniel, Petchey, Roland, Carter, Yvonne, 2009. Transition to adult services for children and young people with palliative care needs : a systematic review. Archives of Disease, Vol.96 (No.1), pp. 78-84
- Singh, Swaran P., Paul, Moli, Ford, Tamsin, Kramer, Tami, Weaver, Tim, 2008. Transitions of care from child and adolescent mental healthservices to adult mental health services (TRACK Study) : a study of protocols in Greater London. BMC Health Services Research, Vol.8
- Harriss, Louise, Barlow, Jane, Paul, Moli, 2008. Specialist residential education for children with severe emotional and behavioural difficulties : pupil, parent, and staff perspectives. Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties, Vol.13 (No.1), pp. 31-47
- Paul, Moli, 2007. Rights. Archives of Disease in Childhood, Vol.92, pp. 720-725
- Singh, Swaran P., Paul, Moli, Islam, Zoebia, Weaver, Tim, Kramer, Tami, McLaren, Susan, Belling, Ruth, Ford, Tamsin, White, Sarah, Hovish, Kimberly, Harley, Kath, 2010. Transition from CAMHS to adult mental health services (TRACK) : a study of policies, process and user and carer perspective (TRACK). Queen?s Printer and Controller of HMSO 2010
- Mitrofan, O., Paul, Moli, Spencer, Nick, 2009. Is aggression in children with behavioural and emotional difficulties associated with television viewing and video game playing? A systematic review. Child: Care, Health and Development, Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd, pp. 5-15
- McMillan, Anita Schrader, Barlow, Jane, Stewart-Brown, Sarah L., Carter, Yvonne, Sidebotham, Peter, Paul, Moli, 2008. Systematic review of interventions for the secondary prevention and treatment of emotional abuse of children by primary carers. Warwick Medical School
|Title||Funder||Award start||Award end|
|EU FP7 Health 2013 - FULL Proposal: MILESTONE||EU||01 Feb 2014||30 Apr 2019|
|NIHR HSDR FULL proposal - LYNC: Long term conditions, young people and network communications||National Institute for Health Research (DoH)||01 Mar 2014||29 Feb 2016|
|Improving pathways and care for young people in NI with mental health problems in the transition from adolescence to adulthood||Public Health Agency||01 Feb 2013||31 Jan 2016|
|NIHR Programme development Grant (Resubmission - Full): How can networked communications be harnessed for use to improve NHS services for young people.||National Institute for Health Research (DoH)||01 Sep 2010||31 Aug 2011|
|Comic Relief Tender: Young people & mental Health - the role of Information and Communication Technology (ICT).||Comic Relief (Charity Projects)||01 Jun 2010||30 Sep 2010|
|Supplement and Extension: In-Patient staff Morale||National Institute for Health Research (DoH)||01 Nov 2008||30 Apr 2009|
|In-patient staff morale: a national investigation||University College London||01 Nov 2006||31 Oct 2008|
|Transistion from CAMHS to Adult Mental Health Services (TRACK): A Study of Service, Organisation, Policies and User and Carer Perspective.||NHS Service Delivery and Organisation||01 Mar 2006||31 May 2006|
|Systematic review of the effectiveness of parenting programmes in reducing child maltreatment||Nuffield Foundation||01 Jul 2004||31 Aug 2005|