Frances research interests are broad based within the context of population perspectives on health. She is currently working on an evaluation of the WEMWBS mental wellbeing scale in minority ethnic groups in the UK.
Frances Taggart joined Warwick Medical School in 2004. She managed and taught on the Health and Disease in Populations course for medical students as Senior Teaching Fellow from September 2004 to April 2006. She has since worked as Research Fellow in cardiovascular epidemiology and sleep research, worked on a systematic review of Breast Cancer follow up, a population based study of prescribing in Care Homes and evaluating a scale for mental wellbeing and perceptions about mental health among minority ethnic groups in the UK. Frances first degree was in Zoology from Southampton University, her MSc was from the faculty of Agriculture at the University of Reading and her PhD at the MRC Environmental Epidemiology Unit in Southampton.
- Stewart-Brown, Sarah L., Samaraweera, Preshila C., Taggart, Frances M., Kandala, Ngianga-Bakwin, Stranges, Saverio, 2015. Socioeconomic gradients and mental health : implications for public health. The British Journal of Psychiatry, 206 (6), pp. 461-465
- Taggart, Frances M., Friede, Tim, Weich, Scott, Clarke, Aileen, Johnson, Mark R. D., Stewart-Brown, Sarah L., 2013. Cross cultural evaluation of the Warwick-Edinburgh mental well-being scale (WEMWBS) -a mixed methods study. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes, Vol.11
- Taggart, Frances M., Donnelly, Peter K., Dunn, Janet A., 2012. Options for early breast cancer follow-up in primary and secondary care : a systematic review. BMC Cancer, Vol.12 (No.1)
- Stranges, Saverio, Cappuccio, Francesco, Kandala, Ngianga-Bakwin, Miller, Michelle A., Taggart, Frances M., Kumari, Meena, Ferrie, Jane E., Shipley, Martin J., Brunner, Eric J., Marmot, Michael G., 2008. Cross-sectional versus prospective associations of sleep duration with changes in relative weight and body fat distribution : the Whitehall II study. American Journal of Epidemiology, Vol.167 (No.3), pp. 321-329
- Cappuccio, Francesco, Taggart, Frances M., Kandala, Ngianga-Bakwin, Currie, Andrew, Peile, Ed, Stranges, Saverio, Miller, Michelle A., 2008. Meta-analysis of short sleep duration and obesity in children and adults. Sleep, Vol.31 (No.5), pp. 619-626
- Dunn, Janet A., Wilcox, M., Taggart, Frances M., Hulme, Claire, Tritter, Jonathan, Austoker, Joan, Mossman, Jean, Fide, Jane, Balmer, Claire E., Beaver, Kinter, Donnelly, Peter, 2009. Involving patients in clinical trial design : the experience of the UK Ibreast early breast cancer follow-up trial. Society for Clinical Trials Annual 30th Annual Meeting 2009, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 2009
- Taggart, Frances M., Thorogood, Margaret, Singer, Donald R. J., 2005. Patients above audit standards for blood pressure control in England: an electronic health records study. 27th Congress of the European-Society-of-Cardiology, Stockholm, SWEDEN, SEP 03-07, 2005, Published in EUROPEAN HEART JOURNAL, pp. 167-168
- Stewart-Brown, Sarah L., Platt, Stephen, Tennant, Alan, Maheswaran, Hendramoorthy, Parkinson, J., Weich, Scott, Tennant, Ruth, Taggart, Frances M., Clarke, Aileen, 2011. Plenary session : the Warwick-Edinburgh Mental Well-being Scale (WEMWBS) : a valid and reliable tool for measuring mental well-being in diverse populations and projects. Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health, BMJ Group, pp. A38-A39
|Title||Funder||Award start||Award end|
|WEMWBs||Coventry City Council||21 Feb 2014||20 Feb 2015|
|Funding for Frances Taggart 1 day per week||NHS Health Scotland||01 Feb 2013||31 Jan 2015|
|Can Mental Wellbeing Be Measured in People with Serious Mental Illness (preparation for RfPB)||Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust||01 Feb 2013||31 May 2013|
|Funding for 6 months of Frances Taggart at 2 days per week||NHS Health Scotland||01 Apr 2012||30 Sep 2012|