- provide knowledge on the clinical aspects of Orthodontic treatment in the surgery
- cover clinical use of the materials used in Orthodontic practice
- provide knowledge of materials science and Orthodontic force systems
- understand what is required of an Orthodontic nurse
- be able to critically appraise data and technical information from commercial sources.
- be aware of the limitations of the materials used in Orthodontic systems
- to provide an opportunity for group interactive learning in a structured manner
Following Day 7 dental surgeons should:
- Be aware of the different types of Orthodontic materials and critically appraise their various strengths and weaknesses
- Be able to train a dental nurse in what is required for provision of Orthodontic care
- Be fully conversant with use of materials in everyday Orthodontic practice.