Gain an in depth and critical understanding through practical experience of the potential for taking a learning technologies approach in healthcare education.
- Learn to develop and evaluate learning and teaching that involves learning technologies through hands-on experience
- Gain a broad conceptual and experiential understanding of the application of learning technologies in teaching, learning and assessment with specific reference to healthcare
- You will undertake a portfolio of work for assessment including: contextual statement; review of selected learning technologies; learning technologies project plan and development schedule; evaluation plan; reflective writing; and supporting evidence
- You will attend on-site workshops (18 hours) combined with online support and peer group activities (2 hours) and individual tutorial support (2 hours)
Learning technologies are new approaches to enhancing teaching & learning and might include e-learning, simulation, the use of digital media and social networking, and technology in the classroom including interactive whiteboards and audience response systems. This is not a technical module, and participants will not need to have any particular technical skills other than a willingness to explore new approaches in their teaching practice.
- MSc route: available as an option on the Masters in Medical Education (MMedEd)
Before completing the course, you will undertake our Induction and Professional Development module, introducing you to all the underpinning regulations, guidance and support available to you during your postgraduate study.
29 Nov 2021-26 Jan 2022. 29 Nov and 26 Jan on campus all day. 08 Dec, 15 Dec and 12 Jan all morning online.
4,000-word portfolio to be submitted 12 weeks following the taught sessions
Next course: Monday 29th November 2021
Application Deadline: 18/10/2021
Teaching scheduled is provisional and may change. It is therefore advised that you check individual module pages in advance of teaching.
Module running dates for the 2022/23 academic year will be available June 2022.