HEIF Impact Fund
A fund of £120,000 is available to support projects that facilitate or increase the impact of leading research, and which are potential REF2021 or future REF impact case studies. Applicants can apply for a maximum of £20,000 and must complete all spend on or before 31 July 2019. (Applications that meet the eligibility criteria of any of the university’s Impact Acceleration Accounts, e.g. the EPSRC IAA, should be submitted for those IAA awards in the first instance.) Interested applicants are invited to contact India Foster (India.Foster@warwick.ac.uk) in R&IS to discuss the most appropriate potential funding route and to request an application form. Applicants should normally be a university academic employee, or the holder of a personal research fellowship awarded competitively, with a contract lasting the duration of the project.
Eligible costs include direct staff costs, some specialist equipment, consumables, travel and accommodation, and all other items required for the activity. Examples of some previously funded projects are available here: WIF Awards
For more details, see the call webpage.
DEADLINE Monday 22 October 2018, 17.00
Completed applications will be reviewed by an internal panel of senior academics.Applicants should expect to receive feedback by w/c 26 November 2018.
Warwick Industry Fellowships Scheme 2018/2019
The Warwick Industry Fellowships Scheme 2018/19 provides funding for innovative academic-industry secondments, to facilitate work on a collaborative project that contributes to one of the four Grand Challenges of the UK Government’s Industrial Strategy: ‘artificial intelligence and the data economy’, ‘ageing society’, ‘future of mobility’ and ‘clean growth’.
Grants are available to support short-term secondments to enable researchers and industry partners to work on mutually beneficial projects that will seed longer-term collaborations focussed on the Grand Challenges, the detail of which can be found here. Funding can support academic secondments to industry, or vice-versa.
A maximum of £40,000, for direct salary costs including pension and NI, plus a £1,000 research allowance, is available per successful proposal.
- Projects must fall within one of the four Grand Challenges of the Industrial Strategy and have a confirmed industry partner.
- University applicants can be at any stage of their career but must have a University contract that is either permanent, or of a minimum12 months fixed term.
- A named University co-applicant must support proposed industry secondments.
- All applications must receive the prior approval of the relevant HoD.
Application and review process
Applications must be submitted via the relevant HoD to email@example.com by 12 noon on Monday 29 October 2018.
Support in completing proposals and the APPLICATION form can be provided by:
Louisa Hopkins (Chemistry, Physics, Life Sciences, Psychology) Louisa dot Hopkins at warwick dot ac dot uk
DEADLINE 29 October 2018, 17.00
Circa £500k of funding to commit and spend by 31 March 2020, for activities that fall within the following categories:
- Innovation & impact projects, particularly those that are strong contenders for REF2021 and beyond
- Secondment & exchange schemes, to support two-way knowledge exchange with companies and public organisations
- Impact Fellowships, to support researchers with the time required with knowledge transfer, business engagement & commercialisation activities
- Industry Engagement Days;Training, to further embed impact skills across departments and Faculties
Bi-Monthly Deadlines - NEXT DEADLINE Monday 5th November
The University has introduced an ‘Impact Leave’ scheme, for the academic year 2019/20, to support the development of REF2021 impact case studies.
The scheme will provide leave for key staff where this is essential to fully prepare high quality impact case studies, and is entirely separate from
Study Leave, not affecting the latter in any way.
Applications should be made to HoDs in the first instance, for funding of a fixed sum of £10,000, which will be used by the Department to backfill
the teaching of one or more named individuals.
Application form & further details can be found HERE
Deadlines for consideration of applications for academic year 2019/20 will be:
31 January 2019;
31 March 2019;
30 June 2019.