The School of Engineering invites bids to the Peter Carpenter Memorial Graduate Student Travel Fund from eligible candidates from all academic departments, according to the guidelines below.
1. Eligible candidates must be registered as full or part time post-graduate students at the University of Warwick conducting research in fluid dynamics. Applications may also be considered from postgraduate students in continuation, as well as from post-doctoral applicants who have passed their PhD viva in the academic year in which they wish to travel, but who have no other means of support.
2. To be eligible for support, the proposed visit overseas should include presentation of a paper/poster, or chairing a session at a conference.
3. Applications must be submitted in advance of the proposed visit.
4. Applicants should use the form available from http://go.warwick.ac.uk/pwc-award, which should be fully completed and approved by their supervisor. Please word-process the application.
5. Applicants must submit a copy of the programme/invitation for the conference they wish to attend.
6. Applications should be addressed to the Dean of Engineering, and sent to Marie Bradley in the School of Engineering. The deadline for applications is Monday 11th October 2010.
7. The Fund will normally make only one award to individual students.
8. In each year two awards will be made to a maximum value of £500 per application. The funds are meant only as a contribution to the costs of the proposed visit; it is not possible to allocate awards for the full estimated costs.
9. It is a condition of any award made that a short report (no more than 2 pages) be submitted to the Dean of Engineering following the conference.
10. Any candidate unable to use an award for its intended purpose should report the circumstances to the Dean of Engineering, who may require that the funds be repaid