Created in September 2013, the Soft Matter and Biological Fluid Dynamics Lab is a new activity within the Physics Department. It consists of two groups (see below) with a joint wetlab and microscopy lab. We have strong links with the Theoretical Soft Condensed Matter and Biophysics Group in the Physics Department, as well as emerging connections with other Departments and DTCs within the University (e.g. Life Sciences, Engineering, Systems Biology) and beyond.
For informations on the different research interests of the groups, follow the links below. (UNDER CONSTRUCTION!)
You can find here the schedule for our joint weekly group meeting with the Soft Condensed Matter and Biophysics Group. Feel free to drop by if you're interested.
- Dr. Marco Polin (PI)
- Dr. Vasily Kantsler (PI)
- Dr. Raphaël Jeanneret (PDRA. Will join Sept. 2014)
- Matteo Contino (Graduate Student)
- Maria Chiara Roffin (Graduate Student)
Collaborators and Visitors:
- Prof. Matthew Turner, Physics Department, U. Warwick
- Dr. Gareth Alexander, Physics Department, U. Warwick
- Dr. Pietro Cicuta, Cavendish Laboratory, U. Cambridge
- Dr. Peter Denissenko, Engineering Department U. Warwick
- Dr. Isabelle Carre, Life Sciences U. Warwick
- Dr. Idan Tuval, Mediterranean Institute for Advanced Studies, Mallorca, Spain.
- Dr. Roberto Cerbino, Università degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy.
- Dr. Jorn Dunkel, MIT, Boston, USA.