We're pleased to offer up to 25 joint funded PhD scholarships in collaboration with China Scholarships Council. Awards made for entry in Autumn 2022 will include the following:
- The University will cover the full payment of overseas tuition fees for the duration of the CSC funding period;
- China Scholarships Council will provide a maintenance stipend and return international airfare between the UK and China for successful applicants.
- Successful candidates will be required to return to China after completing their PhD.
- Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria set out by the CSC (https://www.csc.edu.cn/).
- Applicants must hold a Peoples Republic of China Passport (applicants from Hong Kong or Taiwan are not eligible) and either be permanently resident in China or studying overseas. Those working overseas are not eligible.
- Where students have prior experience of studying overseas (including the UK) it is important to check eligibility rules on the China Scholarship Council website, this includes Current 1st year PhD students and those in year '1' of a 1+3.
- Applicants must hold an unconditional* offer for a full time PhD at the University of Warwick commencing in October 2022.
*Outstanding conditions accepted by CSC are; completion of a degree or ATAS.
Applications for 2022/23 entry are now OPEN.
The deadline for submitting a scholarship application at the University of Warwick is 1 February 2022, 23.59 GMT.
In order to be considered for this funding, applicants must have completed ALL of the following steps:
- Apply for admission by 30 January 2022 (23:59 GMT)
- Submit a scholarship application and all supporting documents by 1 February 2022 (23:59 GMT).
- Obtain an unconditional offer to the University of Warwick by 15 February 2022.
- Submit an application to China Scholarship Council by their deadline of 31 March 2022
The application process...
How to Apply
Applications for 2022/23 entry are now open.
In order to apply for the Chancellor’s International Scholarships you must first apply for PhD admission, by 30 January 2022 at the very latest. Once you have submitted your admissions application you will then receive an automated e-mail giving you your 7 digit student ID number and instructions on registering your ITS applicant account, which you must complete. This can take up to 48 hours to come through. This username and password can then be used to apply for the scholarships. You do not need to have received an offer of study by the scholarship application deadline, just to have applied for admission.
All applicants are strongly advised to read the CSC Guidance Notes 2022/23 before submitting an application.
You must obtain an unconditional offer from the University of Warwick by 15 February 2022. If you are successful in being nominated by the University of Warwick for the scholarship, you will then need to apply directly to the CSC for funding.
- The University of Warwick will assess the applications received and produce a list of students to be recommended for a CSC scholarship.
- All applicants will be notified via email by 18 March 2022 whether they have been shortlisted for funding. Successful candidates will then be issued with a conditional offer of funding.
- Successful candidates will then need to apply directly to CSC where their application will be reviewed. Applicants should check the CSC website for details and meet their application deadline. CSC will inform applicants of the final outcome of their funding application in June 2022. Final decisions are made by CSC.
- Only students who were recommended for a CSC scholarship by the University AND who received an offer of funding from CSC will be awarded a scholarship.
- CSC nominees will not be offered more than one Warwick Scholarship, if nominees are successful in an alternative Warwick scholarship competition prior to the CSC nomination deadline they will be asked to choose whether they wish to proceed with a CSC nomination or the alternative.