We're pleased to offer up to 25 joint funded PhD scholarships in collaboration with China Scholarships Council. Awards made for entry in Autumn 2020 will include the following:
- The University will cover the full payment of overseas tuition fees for the duration of the CSC funding period;
- China Scholarships Council will provide a maintenance stipend and return international airfare between the UK and China for successful applicants.
- Successful candidates will be required to return to China after completing their PhD.
- Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria set out by the CSC (https://www.csc.edu.cn/).
- Applicants must hold a Peoples Republic of China Passport (applicants from Hong Kong or Taiwan are not eligible) and either be permanantly resident in China or studying overseas. Those working overseas are not eligible.
- Where students have prior experience of studying overseas (including the UK) it is important to check eligibility rules on the China Scholarship Council website, this includes Current 1st year PhD students and those in year '1' of a 1+3.
- Applicants must hold an unconditional offer for a full time PhD at the University of Warwick commencing in October 2020.
The deadline for submitting a scholarship application at the University of Warwick is Thursday 16th January 2020, 23.59 GMT.
In order to be considered for this funding, applicants must have completed ALL of the following steps:
- Apply for admission to the University of Warwick by Thursday 16th January 2020.
- Submit a scholarship application by Thursday 16th January 2020.
- Upload supporting documents by Thursday 23rd January 2020.
- Obtain an unconditional offer (including fulfilling all English Language requirements) from the University of Warwick by 24th January 2020. China Scholarship Council will only consider completion of a degree and ATAS clearance as acceptable outstanding conditions.
- Submit an application to China Scholarship Council by their deadline of 30 April 2020. (This opens on 10 April 2020).
The application process...
How to Apply
All applicants should read the 'Guidance notes for applicants' carefully before completing the application form.
You must obtain an unconditional offer (including fulfilling all English Language requirements) from the University of Warwick by 24 January 2020. If you are successful in being nominated by the University of Warwick for the scholarship, you will then need to apply directly to the CSC for funding.
- The University of Warwick will assess the applications received and produce a list of students to be recommended for a CSC scholarship.
- All applicants will be notified via email by 13 March 2020 whether they have been shortlisted for funding. Successful candidates will then be issued with a conditional offer of funding.
- Successful candidates will then need to apply directly to CSC where their application will be reviewed. Applicants should check the CSC website for details and meet their application deadline of 30 April 2020. CSC will inform applicants of the final outcome of their funding application in June 2020. Final decisions are made by CSC.
- Only students who were recommended for a CSC scholarship by the University AND who received an offer of funding from CSC will be awarded a scholarship.