"Introduction to Imaging Genetics", course at 2012 Organization for Human Brain Mapping meeting, 10 June 2012.
Organizers Thomas Nichols, University of Warwick and Jean-Baptiste Poline, Neurospin
Description This course will introduce the fundamentals of “Imaging Genetics,” the process of modeling and understanding genetic variation in brain image data. The course begins with a four-lecture genetics tutorial in the morning, designed to give imaging practitioners a quick overview of key genetics concepts and terminology. The remainder of the course covers how imagers can use genetic variables in their analyses. Specific topics include voxel-wise genome-wide models, joint multivariate modeling of imaging and genetic data, and heritability analyses of cortical surface and thickness data. The course concludes with two case studies highlighting current imaging genetics research.
- Molecular Basis of Genetic Variation
Elliot Hong, University of Maryland, Baltimore, USA
- Structure and Analysis of Genetic Variation
Sven Cichon, Bonn University, Bonn, Germany
- Quantitative Traits: Heritability, Linkage & Association
Eric J Schmitt, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
- Overview of Neuroimaging Phenotypes
Roberto Toro, Institute Pasteur, Paris, France
- Univariate Approaches: Multiple Testing & Voxelwise WGA
Derek Hibar, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, USA
- Multivariate Phenotypes for Association and Linkage
Peter Kochunov, Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, University of Maryland, Baltimore, USA
- Multivariate Approaches: Joint Modeling of Imaging & Genetic Data
Giovanni Montana, Imperial College, London, UK
- ENIGMA & Large Scale Imaging Association
Jason Stein, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, USA
- Case Study: Translating Between Genes, Brain, and Behavior with Neuroimaging: Neural Mechanisms in Williams Syndrome
Karen berman, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, USA
- Case Study: Genetics of Inhibition and Error Processing — Implications for ADHD and Schizophrenia
Mark bellgrove, University of Queensland, Australia
See also our OHBM 2010 Imaging Genetics course.
See also our OHBM 2011 Imaging Genetics course.
See also our OHBM 2013 Imaging Genetics course.
See also our OHBM 2014 Imaging Genetics course.