Digital branding has become a key topic in modern business, in all sectors. Whilst digital channels offer organisations the opportunity to quickly launch and build an online brand, it also brings risks and challenges. This module explores these issues, and the relevant technologies, and gives participants experience building a digital brand from the ground up
The module aims to give participants hands-on experience of building a brand using the latest, cutting-edge digital technologies and techniques. As such, the module incorporates both theory and practice, to provide the tools required to innovate and optimise a digital branding strategy in near real-time . The module culminates in a practical simulation of digital brand development, using industry-standard tools.
Upon successful completion participants will be able to:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of digital branding and brand development
- Critically evaluate relevant case studies to determine best practices and strategic models
- Critically evaluate markets and industries, and identify opportunities for innovation.
- Demonstrate a thorough comprehension of, and an ability to apply best practice in digital brand creation
1) Key concepts of digital branding
- Branding fundamentals
- On- and off-line branding
- Online PR
2) Creating a digital brand
- Market and competitor analysis
- The business model canvas
- Brand identity
3) Creating digital media
- The digital media mix
- Digital media software
- Logos and icons
4) Maintaining a digital brand
- Reputation management
- Brand guardianship
- Partners and associations
- Brand guardianship
5) A practical simulation of the above topics
- Digital Brand Presentation (30%)
- 4,000 words Post Module Assignment (70%)
2 weeks including 24 hours of lectures and 21 hours of seminars
This is a course module on the Digital Marketing specialism of MSc e-Business Management.
Please note: the details of this module are correct for the current year of study and may be subject to change for future years.