This section includes useful resources and information to aid our Partner Schools in the PGCE School Direct admissions process.
- To begin with, we would first advise all Partners to take a look at the following diagram of a step-by-step breakdown of the admissions process.
- Please ensure that you have already taken a look at the NCTL Guidance for Lead Schools and familiarise yourself with the guidance on there. In particular:
- Need help with UCAS set up? Please refer to the following useful guides
- Your Lead School will be assigned an Admissions Co-ordinator, who will be your key contact throughout the year. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. We also welcome your feedback and aim to continually improve our recruitment strategy to meet the needs of both your schools and the University, in the best interest of our applicants.
UoW SD Admissions Contacts
Essential Resources (Prior to Interview)
- Our basic entry requirements for the PGCE courses are listed on our webpage for applicants. Please see list to the right for how to provide evidence that these have been met.
- Your co-ordinator will be able to assist, however please also see some guidance on equivalent qualifications:
- When you have selected your successful applicants you wish to interview, you may wish to use the editable template provided below. This is modelled on our PGCE University-led (Core) interview invitation. We have adapted this to suit your needs, please ensure you overwrite the information highlighted in red: Interview Invitation Letter - Primary Interview Invitation Letter - Secondary. Please also send out a DBS Checklist -UPDATED! with all interview invites.
- Please notify us of the candidates that you do not wish to interview on the Application Decision form
Essential Resources (Day of Interview and Making a Decision)
We invite you to use our Primary and Secondary interview selection documents but please feel free to amend these to suit you. It is an Ofsted requirement for us to have evidence that each applicant has been through a fair and rigorous admissions process. To ensure we gain consistent feedback for the applicants interviewed, we ask that you upload the interview selection document or your own format of interview notes when completing the online offer reccomendation form. We will not be able to process an offer without sufficient interview notes.
- For confirmation of a successful candidate, please uploaded the following documents via the online Offer Recommendation form: www.warwick.ac.uk/cteinterviewdocs
- Interview Selection Notes (interview questions, and notes etc).
- DBS SD non-salaried: Copies of ID stamped with the school stamp & signed to say you have seen the original. Along with signed (applicant & school) DBS Checklist -UPDATED!.
DBS SD Salaried: Fully completed UoW Vetting Check Form once the DBS/Overseas Checks have come through to you SDS Vetting Check. Our Disclosures Department have more information on the DBS process
- Confirmation of Understanding
- Capacity to Teach Form (formerly Fitness to Teach form)
- Copies of Qualification Certificates - stamped with the school stamp & signed to say you have seen the original.
(Please also see our applicant information on SKE courses, this can be recommended on the Offer Recommendation form - please see more guidance on SKEs below).
- Please note that apart from the vetting check for SDS applicants, we require all this documentation before an offer can be made.
- It is extremely important that offers/rejections are not made by schools directly on the UCAS System. Please ensure that you use our Application Decision form in order to make us aware of these decisions. We will then process these for you.
- Subject Knowledge Enhancement courses (SKE) - Please see new guidelines regarding SKE providers and SKE funding. For information on acceptable SKE providers, please see the attached list here. Please note you cannot use any provider outside of this list and ensure that you advise any applicants that you recommend to complete an SKE.
Our guidance on the recommended length of Subject Knowledge Enhancement courses can be found here.
- Requesting new / additional allocation - During the cycle you may need to request allocation for a completely new subject / route or request additional places for an existing subject / route. The process to be followed is here
- Please only use the Centre for Teacher Education recommendation pages to reccomend an offer or reject an applicant. It is extremely important that you dont do this directly on UCAS.
- Applicants currently completing a postgraduate course will be unable to enrol on the PGCE until they recieve written confirmation from the university that they are completing their degree with to confirm that they have finished the course and have no further work to submit.
- If an applicant has lived overseas for more than 6 months within the last 5 years, this may affect their fee status and DBS process (they may be required to obtain a Police Check from the country that they were living in). Please ensure you check this at interview stage.
- Change of name certificates will be required if an applicants qualifications were awarded in a different name.
Meeting the Entry Requirements:
- Please see the following list of possible entry requirements and how to provide evidence of these to meet any offer conditions.
The University of Warwick is committed to providing a fair and accessible admissions process in it's aim to admit students of the highest calibre, who have the academic potential and motivation to succeed on its challenging courses. The University and it's partners will provide accurate information and advice to prospective students concerning its opportunities for postgraduate study, and welcomes applications from all candidates with the potential to succeed, regardless of their background. Please take a look at our Admissions Policy to ensure recruitment of trainees is in line with regulations: UoW Postgraduate Fair Admissions Statement
We have an International Applicants' information page with advice and guidance around the additional requirements. Please direct any applicants to this page, further information and support can be provided by our International Office.
We require applicants with non-UK qualifications to have both original and translated copies of their certificates and transcripts, they will be asked to upload copies at the time of application and show you originals at interview. Please note that establishing equivalency level can take some time as we liaise across University departments, so please allow sufficient time for us to share this information. Having a NARIC statement can help speed up this process.
Please ask all applicants who state their Nationality or residence as non-UK, to take their Passport, Visa and a CV to interview. We would require copies of the Passport ID page, front & back covers and also their Visa & CV. SD Salaried applicants will need to prove to you that they are eligible to be employed within the UK.