Midlands Staff Development Partnership (MSDP) Event: Managing Stress
Date: Tuesday 14 February 2006
Venue: Aston University
Course Facilitator: Anne Burrows, Professional Development Advisor
Suitable For: Designed for managers, but suitable for all staff.
This one-day course will enable participants to gain understanding of the stress process and to recognise signs, symptoms and causal factors in themselves and others. Activities and exercises will be used to promote understanding about what actions they can take to cope effectively with stress in themselves and others. Attention will also be paid to the legal aspects of Health & Safety at work.
By the end of the course participants should:
- be able to recognise the stress process
- be able to identify personal signs and symptoms of stress
- recognise the main causal factors of stress
- understand some coping strategies
- know how to support stressed colleagues
If you are interested in attending, please e-mail Jane Coleman (J.Coleman@warwick.ac.uk) by Thursday 19 January.