EPSRC DTP Terms and Conditions
Please note that this copy of the EPSRC DTP Terms and Conditions is for reference only, and is only relevant to those who have accepted a formal scholarship offer.
By accepting the EPSRC DTP Award, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions below and are bound by the Funded PGR Student Policy. and the UKRI Training Grant Terms and Conditions.
- The EPSRC DTP award is normally awarded for up to 3.5 years of full-time doctoral study and normally includes the payment of both academic fees and a maintenance grant to the award-holder. Funding is not retrospective.
- The University’s decision over fee status will be final. By accepting the award, you are confirming that you accept your assigned fee status and are not aware of any evidence that might alter this classification. If you do not disclose such evidence and the University becomes aware of it at a later date, your award may be revoked.
- Payment of academic fees for the EPSRC DTP is normally set at the home fee rate, with an overseas fee rate only being paid upon written confirmation from your academic department.
- Payment of the maintenance grant is set at the prevailing UKRI rate.
- Payment of a Researcher Training Support Grant (RTSG) is set at the rate noted in your offer letter.
- Awards for EPSRC DTP begin on the date stated in your offer letter. The award of the EPSRC DTP may be deferred with prior permissions from the Doctoral College and your department.
- Accommodation fees are not directly covered by the EPSRC DTP. The stipend is intended to be a contribution towards living expenses.
- The EPSRC DTP award-holder is expected to participate periodically in a range of postgraduate recruitment and community focused activities, which might include postgraduate open days; induction events; focus groups; receptions held with potential sponsors or alumni, student talks etc.
These Terms and Conditions are issued by the Academic Director, Doctoral College on behalf of the University of Warwick.
Back to New Starters