For 2020/21 entry there will be 30 Chancellor's International Scholarships available to be awarded to the most outstanding international PhD applicants. Awards made for entry in Autumn 2020 will include both of the following:
- The full payment of overseas tuition fees (worth up to £24,010)
- A maintenance stipend in line with UKRI rates (provisional £15,239 for full time award holders in 2020/21, expected to be confirmed February 2020)
- Length of funding: 3.5 years, unless you are already in your first year of study when you apply then the length of funding will be reduced accordingly.
- Applicants for a Chancellor's International Scholarship must also be applying for a PhD at the University of Warwick to begin in October 2020;
- Students currently enrolled on a PhD or MPhil/PhD at the University of Warwick may apply in their first year of registration only;
- Applicants must expect to be 'overseas' students for fees purposes, but there is no other nationality criteria;
- Applicants may be from any discipline at Warwick.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to the next academic year.
- The Application deadline for this year’s competition is 23:59pm (GMT) on Thursday 16th January 2020.
- All supporting documents (references and transcripts) must be uploaded by Thursday 23rd January 2020 at the latest.
Please note no late applications will be accepted.
For 2019/20 entry we allocated over £2 million in Chancellor's International Scholarships
The application process...
Read the 'Guidance notes for applicants'
Start your scholarship application - Apply Here
Submit your application by 23:59pm (GMT) on Thursday 16th January 2020 at the latest
Upload all supporting documents (references and transcripts) by Thursday 23rd January 2020 at the latest.
Results of the Chancellor's International Scholarship will be communicated through email by 13 March 2020.
How to Apply
All applicants should read the 'Guidance notes for applicants' carefully before completing the application form.
Apply for Chancellor's International Scholarship
We strongly advise that all applicants read the guidance listed below before completing an application form. Part of the application will be based on the PGR Ranking Criteria and so it is important you are familiar with this document.
- PGR Ranking Criteria(PDF Document)
- Guidance notes for applicants (PDF Document)
Please note due to the volume of enquiries the Doctoral College is unable to send any application materials to potential applicants.
Results of the Chancellor's International Scholarship competition will be communicated through email by 13 March 2020.
Please do not contact the Doctoral College before this date to enquire about results.