For 2022/23 entry there will be up to 42 Chancellor's International Scholarships available to be awarded to the most outstanding International and EU PhD applicants. Awards made for entry in Autumn 2022 will include both of the following:
- The full payment of tuition fees
- A maintenance stipend in line with UKRI rates (provisional £15,609 for full time award holders in 2022/23, expected to be confirmed February 2022)
- A Research, Training and Supporting Grant (RTSG) of £5,000
- Length of funding: 3.5 years, unless you are already in your first year of study when you apply then the length of funding will be reduced accordingly.
- Applicants for a Chancellor's International Scholarship must also be applying for a PhD at the University of Warwick to begin in October 2022;
- Students currently enrolled on a PhD or MPhil/PhD at the University of Warwick may apply in their first year of registration only;
- Applicants must be assessed as 'overseas' for fees purposes, but there are no other nationality criteria;
- Applicants may be from any discipline at Warwick.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to the next academic year.
- The Application deadline for this year’s competition has been updated to 25 January 2022, 23:59 GMT.
- All supporting documents (references and transcripts) must also be uploaded by 25 January 2022. Please consider this deadline when submitting your application and allow time to ensure all documents are submitted.
- Course applications should be submitted by 13 January 2022, 23:59 GMT. Please ensure you read the Guidance Notes for further information about creating an ITS account in order to start your scholarship application.
Please note no late applications will be accepted.
For 2022/23 entry we expect to allocate up to £5 million in Chancellor's International Scholarships
The application process...
Read the 'PGR Ranking Criteria'
Submit your scholarship application by 23:59pm (GMT) on 25 January 2022
All supporting documents (references and transcripts) must also be uploaded by 25 January 2022.
Results of the Chancellor's International Scholarship will be communicated through email by the end of March 2022.
How to Apply
Applications for 2022/23 entry are now OPEN.
In order to apply for the Chancellor’s International Scholarships you must first apply for PhD admission, by 13 January 2022 at the very latest. Once you have submitted your admissions application you will then receive an automated e-mail giving you your 7 digit student ID number and instructions on registering your ITS applicant account, which you must complete. This can take up to 48 hours to come through. This username and password can then be used to apply for the scholarships. You do not need to have received an offer of study by the scholarship application deadline, just to have applied for admission.
All applicants should ensure they read the Guidance notes before submitting an application.
We strongly advise that all applicants read the guidance listed below before completing an application form.
Part of the application will be based on the PGR Ranking Criteria and so it is important you are familiar with this document.
Please note due to the volume of enquiries the Doctoral College is unable to send any application materials to potential applicants.
Results of the Chancellor's International Scholarship competition will be communicated through email by the end of March 2022.
Please do not contact the Doctoral College before this date to enquire about results.