China Scholarship Council - University of Warwick Scholarships
For 2023/24 entry there will be up to 30 China Scholarship Council - University of Warwick Scholarships available to outstanding Chinese PGR applicants.
We're pleased to offer up to 30 joint funded PhD scholarships in collaboration with China Scholarships Council. Awards made for entry in Autumn 2023 will include the following:
- The University will cover the full payment of overseas tuition fees for the duration of the CSC funding period and a stipend enhancement;
- China Scholarships Council will provide a maintenance stipend and return international airfare between the UK and China for successful applicants.
- Successful candidates will be required to return to China after completing their PhD.
- Meet the eligibility criteria set out by the CSC.
- Hold a Peoples Republic of China Passport (applicants from Hong Kong or Taiwan are not eligible) and either be permanently resident in China or studying overseas. Those working overseas are not eligible.
- Where students have prior experience of studying overseas (including the UK) it is important to check eligibility rules on the China Scholarship Council website, this includes Current 1st year PhD students and those in year '1' of a 1+3.
- Hold an unconditional* offer for a full time PhD at the University of Warwick commencing in October 2023.
*Outstanding conditions accepted by CSC are; completion of a degree or ATAS.
Course Application Deadline - 16th January 2023 (23:59 GMT)
Scholarship Application Deadline -18th January 2023 (23:59 GMT)
Supporting Document Deadline - 1st February 2023 (23:59 GMT)
How to Apply
We strongly advise preparing applications well in advance, noting that it is not usually possible to complete and submit an application in less than 36 hours.
- Read the PGR Ranking Criteria and Applicant Guidance Notes.
- Submit your course application and upload supporting documents.
- Receive an automated e-mail with a 7 digit applicant ID number. Please allow at least 48 hours for this to arrive.
- Register your ITS applicant account.
- Submit your scholarship application by the 18th January 2023 deadline. We regret being unable to accept late applications for any reason.
- Submit supporting documents and hold an unconditional* course offer by 1st February 2023 deadline. We regret being unable to accept late supporting documents for any reason.
- Results of the China Scholarship Council Scholarship will be communicated by email by 10th March 2023.