China Scholarship Council - University of Warwick Scholarships
For 2024/25 entry there will be up to 30 China Scholarship Council - University of Warwick Scholarships available to outstanding Chinese PGR applicants.
We're pleased to offer up to 30 joint funded PhD scholarships in collaboration with China Scholarships Council. Awards made for entry in Autumn 2024 will include the following:
- The University will cover the full payment of overseas tuition fees for the duration of the CSC funding period and a stipend enhancement;
- China Scholarships Council will provide a maintenance stipend and return international airfare between the UK and China for successful applicants.
- Successful candidates will be required to return to China after completing their PhD.
- Meet the eligibility criteria set out by the CSC.
- Hold a Peoples Republic of China Passport (applicants from Hong Kong or Taiwan are not eligible) and either be permanently resident in China or studying overseas. Those working overseas are not eligible.
- Where students have prior experience of studying overseas (including the UK) it is important to check eligibility rules on the China Scholarship Council website, this includes Current 1st year PhD students and those in year '1' of a 1+3.
- Hold an unconditional* offer for a full time PhD at the University of Warwick commencing in October 2024 OR;
Be currently enrolled in the first year of a PhD or MPhil/PhD at the University. You must be within the first 12 months of enrolment of a PhD or MPhil/PhD at the University in October 2024.
*Outstanding conditions accepted by CSC are; completion of a degree or ATAS.
Warwick Course Application Deadline - 16th January 2024 (23:59 GMT)
Warwick Nomination Application Deadline -18th January 2024 (23:59 GMT)
Warwick Unconditional Offer Deadline - 1st February 2024 (23:59 GMT)
CSC Scholarship Application Deadline - 31 March 2024
How to Apply
We strongly advise preparing the scholarship application well in advance of the deadline, noting that it is not usually possible to complete and submit an application in less than 36 hours.
- Read the PGR Ranking Criteria and Applicant Guidance Notes.
- Submit your course application by 16 January 2024 at the very latest and upload supporting documents.
- Receive an automated e-mail with a 7 digit applicant ID number. Please allow at least 48 hours for this to be generated by IT.
- Register your ITS applicant account.
- Submit your Warwick Scholarship application by the 18th January 2024 deadline. We regret being unable to accept late applications for any reason.
- Hold an unconditional* course offer by 1st February 2024 deadline. We regret being unable to accept late supporting documents for any reason.
*CSC expect course offers to be unconditional, the only outstanding conditions accepted by CSC are; 'completion of a degree' or 'ATAS'..
- Results of the Warwick nominations will be communicated by email by 10th March 2024.
- Accept the Warwick nomination. A hard-copy confirmation of the nomination will be provided within 1 week of acceptance.
- Submit a scholarship application directly to the China Scholarship Council by 31 March 2024, who will make final allocations. Warwick cannot support the CSC application process, nominees are advised to speak to their Chinese institution or CSC.