For 2020/21 entry there will be 10 scholarships available to be awarded to the most outstanding PhD applicants.
Awards made for entry in Autumn 2020 will include both of the following:
- The full payment of academic tuition fees (worth provisional £4,425, to be confirmed February 2020)
- A maintenance stipend in line with UKRI rates (provisional £15,239 for full time award holders in 2020/21, expected to be confirmed February 2020)
- Length of funding: 3.5 years, unless you are already in your first year of study when you apply then the length of funding will be reduced accordingly.
- Applicants for an EU Chancellor's Scholarship must be applying for a PhD at the University of Warwick to begin in October 2020, OR
- Students currently enrolled on a PhD or MPhil/PhD at the University of Warwick may apply in their first year of registration only;
- Applicants can be applying to any discipline at Warwick.
- Applicants should be assessed as eligible for 'EU Fees' by Postgraduate Admissions in order to be eligible for funding.
- Applicants must have applied for admission to the University by the application deadline.
- The Application deadline for this year’s competition is 23:59pm (GMT) on Thursday 16th January 2020.
- All supporting documents (references and transcripts) must be uploaded by Thursday 23rd January 2020 at the latest.
Please note no late applications will be accepted.
For 2019/20 entry we allocated over £650,000 in Chancellor's EU Scholarships
The application process...
Read the 'Guidance notes for applicants'
Start your scholarship application - Apply Here
Submit your application by 23:59pm (GMT) on Thursday 16th January 2020 at the latest
Upload all supporting documents (references and transcripts) by Thursday 23rd January 2020 at the latest.
Results of the EU Chancellor's Scholarship will be communicated through email by 13 March 2020.
How to Apply
All applicants should read the 'Guidance notes for applicants' carefully before completing the application form.
We strongly advise that all applicants read the guidance listed below before completing an application form. Part of the application will be based on the PGR Ranking Criteria and so it is important you are familiar with this document.
Results of the EU Chancellor's Scholarship competition will be communicated through email by 13 March 2020.
Please do not contact the Doctoral College before this date to enquire about results.