Please attach your personal statement (under Section 3 "Attach file"). In no more than 750 words, please tell us why we should choose you as a scholar. Yours statement should include:
1. Details of your personal and family circumstances and the barriers you may have faced in continuing your education - with particular reference to your current status in the UK. You do not need to give details of the events that led you to seek asylum unless you wish to do so.
2. Your ambitions for the future, why you have chosen your course of study and how the Sanctuary Scholarship will help you to achieve your goals.
3. Details of your and your family's current financial circumstances.
4. Any additional support you feel you may need to succeed at university.
The Referee's Supporting Statement is an important part of the selection process. Ideally, your referee should know you in a professional capacity, such as a social worker, doctor, solicitor or welfare adviser. The referee statement must be on letter headed paper and be signed and dated by your referee.
Please attach your referee's statement (under Section 3 "Attach file") of no more than 750 words. Your referee should include the following information:
1. What are the applicant's personal and financial circumstances and what barriers have they overcome to continue their education?
2. How well suited is the applicant to the higher education course they plan to take and how realistic are the student's ambitions?
3. What contribution, to your knowledge, has the applicant made to his or her school/college and local community.
4. Is there any other information that you consider is relevant to the student's application?
5. How do you think the student would benefit from the support offered by the Warwick University UG Sanctuary Scholarship?
Before submitting your application, please check that you have attached your evidence, your Personal Statement and your Referees Statement.
The University of Warwick processes all personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. By completing this form you agree that the University may use data for the purpose of processing your application, including transferring such data to third parties where it is required to process an application.
The University of Warwick is the Data Controller of any information you have entered on this form and is
committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with Data Protection Legislation. The
Data Protection webpages
provide further information on your rights and how the University
processes personal data. Please submit any data subject rights requests to
email@example.com or address any complaints or
suspected breaches to the University’s Data Protection Officer at
reCAPTCHA is a utility used to verify you're not a robot filling out this form. Unfortunately this has failed to load correctly.
Please try reloading the page. If the problem persists, or if you are in a country which blocks Google products, please contact us by using the ‘page contact’ link at the foot of this page.