The University recognises the power of Staff Networks, these groups provide an opportunity for staff to connect, socialise, support one another, and discuss issues of relevance to their communities.
Staff Networks are run by and for the members, with administrative support from the ED&I team. We aim for each Staff Network to be led by a Chair, the key intention behind this role being to embed ownership of the Network within the membership and take a lead on the development of the Network.
The Co-Chairs of the BAME Staff Network are Khursheed Wadia and Natasha Bedford, you can contact them on Khursheed dot Wadia at warwick dot ac dot uk and N dot Bedford at warwick dot ac dot uk.
If you are interested in learning more about the BAME Staff Network and can't find what you need here, contact us and let us know.
If you are interested in getting involved with the BAME Staff Network:
- Read the Network's Terms of Reference .
- Join the distribution list - this is a JiscMail list which allows members to email one another easily.
- Attend a meeting to hear updates on race equality work at Warwick (see meeting dates below).
- Thursday 24 October 2019, 4 - 5.30pm, venue TBA.
- Thursday 14 November 2019, time and venue TBA.
- Thursday 23 January 2020, time and venue TBA.
- Thursday 23 April 2020, time and venue TBA.
- Thursday 16 July 2020, time and venue TBA.
Sources of Information and Support
You may also be interested in:
Training, Guidance, and Resources - including Cultural Awareness Guidance
Charter Marks - including the work the University is doing towards the Race Equality Charter Mark
Taskforces and SIC - including the Race Equality Taskforce
Events - including Black History Month