The University recognises the power of Staff Networks, these groups provide an opportunity for staff to connect, socialise, support one another, and discuss issues of relevance to their communities.
Staff Networks are run by and for the members, with administrative support from the ED&I team. We aim for each Staff Network to be led by a Chair, the key intention behind this role being to embed ownership of the Network within the membership and take a lead on the development of the Network.
The Chairs of the Carers Staff Network are Naomi Mouland and Alison Harrington, you can contact them on N dot Mouland at warwick dot ac dot uk and Alison dot Harrington at warwick dot ac dot uk.
If you are interested in learning more about the Carers Staff Network and can't find what you need here, contact us and let us know.
Find links to internal and external resources and sources of support relating to caring and the COVID-19 pandemic on the Coronavirus/COVID-19 webpage.
Upcoming Meeting Dates
- Friday 29 January 2021 - 1 - 2pm - Via Teams.
- Wednesday 21st April 2021 - Time, TBC - Via Teams.
- Friday 16th July 2021 - Time, TBC - Via Teams.
- Wednesday 13th October 2021 - Time, TBC - Via Teams.
- November 2021 - National Carers Day.
- Christmas 2021 Catch-up.
Caring for somebody can be an extremely demanding and tiring responsibility, sometimes talking to someone in a similar situation might help. The Network will provide a safe environment for you to meet with others and an opportunity to discuss issues that you may be facing or just take some 'time out' from your responsibilities.
- Read the Network's Terms of Reference .
- Join the distribution list - this is a JiscMail list which allows members to email one another easily.
- Join the Carers Staff Network MS Teams team - contact Chairs Naomi or Alison to be added.
- Attend a meeting (see meeting dates above).
- Sign up to the Buddy Scheme.
Sign up to be a Buddy, or request to be assigned a Buddy by completing the Buddy Scheme form here.
The aim of the scheme is to:
- Ensure new members of staff do not have the daunting experience of signing up to a Network and then having to arrive to meetings/events unaccompanied.
- Enable new members of staff or existing staff who may not be ‘out’ as a carer at work to have an opportunity to meet other members of the Network outside of meetings.
- Provide members of staff with someone to talk to and/or accompany to network meetings/events.
Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels. Colour filter added to original.
You may also be interested in:
Policies - including Carers Policy and Passport
Employers for Carers - Warwick is a member of Carers UK Business Forum, therefore providing all staff with access to the Employers for Carers platform which hosts resources for employers, line managers, and essential guides for working carers
Care Companion - developing at WMS, freely available to all residents in Coventry and Warwickshire, provides personalised information and support for carers