The University recognises the power of Staff Networks, these groups provide an opportunity for staff to connect, socialise, support one another, and discuss issues of relevance to their communities.
Staff Networks are run by and for the members, with administrative support from the ED&I team. We aim for each Staff Network to be led by a Chair, the key intention behind this role being to embed ownership of the Network within the membership and take a lead on the development of the Network.
The Chair of the Disabled Staff Network is Jenny Wheeler, you can contact Jenny on J dot Wheeler dot 1 at warwick dot ac dot uk.
If you are interested in learning more about the Disabled Staff Network and can't find what you need here, contact us and let us know.
The purposes of the Network are:
- To support positive change for staff with disabilities where we each work and more broadly across the University.
- To feed back in to the Network and to the ED&I team after every meeting.
- To be a central group where any developments across the University can be examined from the point of view of staff with disabilities (e.g. new legal requirements being phased in to make all webpages compliant with accessibility standards).
- To promote the concept of inclusive design i.e. design that includes diversity and accessibility from the start and thus improves quality of life for everyone; adaptations can be useful for many people and encourage innovation.
The Disabled Staff Network is open to all staff members with an interest in making the University a more accessible place for all. It welcomes any member of staff with an interest in creating a more inclusive environment whether or not they have a disability themselves.
- Join the distribution list - this is a JiscMail list which allows members to email one another easily.
- Attend a meeting (future meeting dates TBA).
- Join the Disabled Staff Network group on Teams.
- If you do not have a disability but care for someone who does, you might consider attending the Carers Staff Network.
Photo by Marcus Aurelius from Pexels. Colour filter added to original.
You may also be interested in:
Disability Framework (workplace adjustments)
Taskforces and SIC - including Disability Taskforce
Policies - including Disability and Mental Health Policy
Initiatives - including our booklet 'The Most Important Things People Want You To Know About Disability & Caring'
Charters - including Disability Standard