The University recognises the power of Networks, these groups provide an opportunity for people to connect, socialise, support one another, and discuss issues of relevance to their communities. On this page you will find:
- Warwick Students' Union Pride.
- LGBTUA+ Staff Network.
- Buddy Scheme.
- Sources of Information and Support.
If you are interested in learning more about LGBTUA+ Networks and can't find what you need here, contact us and let us know.
Warwick SU Pride - Warwick SU society for LGBTUA+ students, both undergraduate and postgraduate.
Warwick Pride, the society for LGBTUA+ students has a Postgraduate & Mature Students’ Officer who organises events specifically for postgraduates and mature students in the community. There is a postgraduate and mature students’ Facebook group for relevant discussions (whose privacy settings are such that only members can see the group and its membership) which can be accessed via this form.
Purchasing membership of Warwick Pride (£3 annually, exempt from the SU Societies Federation fee) entitles you to emails with upcoming event details, including those of the wider society.
Events include coffee catch-ups, meal socials, trips, discussions, and evenings out.
Staff Networks are run by and for the members, with administrative support from the ED&I team. We aim for each Staff Network to be led by a Chair, the key intention behind this role being to embed ownership of the Network within the membership and take a lead on the development of the Network.
The Chairs of the LGBTUA+ Staff Network are Izzy Edwards, Sam Parr, and Stephen Soanes you can contact them on I dot Edwards dot 1 at warwick dot ac dot uk, S dot Parr dot 2 at warwick dot ac dot uk, and S dot Soanes at warwick dot ac dot uk.
- Read the Network's Terms of Reference .
- Join the distribution list - this is a JiscMail list which allows members to email one another easily.
- Attend a meeting to hear updates on LGBTUA+ equality work at Warwick (see meeting dates below).
- Sign up to the Buddy Scheme.
We have arranged meetings for us to provide an update from ED&I. The dates/times for these update meetings during academic year 2019/20 are as follows:
- Wednesday 16 October 2019, 12 - 1pm, at OC1.07, Oculus (find OC1.07 on the campus map).
- Friday 21 February 2020, 12 - 1pm, at R0.14, Ramphal (find R0.14 on the campus map).
- Tuesday 19 May 2020, 12 - 1pm, at R0.03, Ramphal (find R0.03 on the campus map).
Sign up to be a Buddy, or request to be assigned a Buddy!
The aim of the scheme is to:
- Ensure new Network members do not have the daunting experience of signing up and then having to arrive to meetings/events unaccompanied.
- Enable people who may not be ‘out’ at Warwick to have an opportunity to meet other members of the LGBTUA+ community.
- Provide people who identify as LGBTUA+ with someone to talk to and/or accompany to network meetings/events.
If you would like to be paired up with a buddy or be a Buddy please complete the relevant forms linked below:
You may also be interested in:
LGBTUA+ Initiatives - including Trans Web Portal, LGBTUA+ Supporters, Role Models, and pronoun badges
Training, Guidance, and Resources - including Trans Awareness Guide and Safe Overseas Travel Guide
Taskforces and SIC - including LGBTUA+ Taskforce
Events - including LGBTUA+ History Month
Charters - including Stonewall UK Workplace Equality Index (LGBTUA+ equality benchmarking exercise)