The University recognises the power of Staff Networks, these groups provide an opportunity for staff to connect, socialise, support one another, and discuss issues of relevance to their communities.
Staff Networks are run by and for the members, with administrative support from the ED&I team. We aim for each Staff Network to be led by a Chair, the key intention behind this role being to embed ownership of the Network within the membership and take a lead on the development of the Network.
The Chairs of the Menopause Staff Network are Jane Dashwood and Emma Shield, you can contact them on J dot Dashwood at warwick dot ac dot uk and E dot Shield at warwick dot ac dot uk.
If you are interested in learning more about the Menopause Staff Network and can't find what you need here, contact us and let us know.
- Join the distribution list - this is a JiscMail list which allows members to email one another easily.
- Attend a meeting to hear updates on ED&I work at Warwick (see meeting dates below).
The dates/times for meetings during academic year 2019/20 are as follows:
- Tuesday 22 October 2019, 12 - 1pm, at R0.04, Ramphal (find R0.04 on the campus map).
- Thursday 20 February 2020, 12 - 1pm, at R3.41, Ramphal (find R3.41 on the campus map).
- Tuesday 26 May 2020, 12 - 1pm, at R0.04, Ramphal (find R0.04 on the campus map).
Sources of Information and Support
- Personal Characteristic Factsheet - Menopause .
- Royal College of Nursing - Menopause and Mental Health pocket card.
- Henpicked - an online community for women over 40 with a wealth of information and resources about the menopause, including tips on managing the menopause, women's stories, managing the menopause at work.
- The Menopause - Support in the Workplace .
- Personal stories of experiencing menopause.