The Financial Control section consists of 31 members of staff, and reports to the Finance Director. It is primarily responsible for ensuring the University's financial integrity and reliability through the operation of effective Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions and for maintaining the University's Financial Regulations and Procedures.
Specifically, Financial Control is responsible for:
- Overseeing all aspects of treasury management including the University Investment Fund and its complex banking arrangements.
- Maintaining the completeness and accuracy of the University balance sheet (including quarter end, 5 year plan and liaison with external auditors).
- Ensuring timeliness and accuracy of non-student customer receipts and supplier payments through the management of accounts receivable and payable teams.
- Overseeing credit control
- Managing the University's cash flow and its loan portfolio
- Servicing Investment Sub-Committee
- Acting as the Finance Office contact for the Foundation Fund and Development and Alumni Relations Office (DARO)
- Preparing and reviewing Group information reported to external reporting bodies, e.g. National Statistics Office