Group Accounting Team
The Group Accounting Team is responsible for:
- the University group's Financial Statements and Office for Students (OfS) / Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) financial returns.
- preparing the University's quarterly management accounts, including consolidating, reviewing and advising on quarterly management accounts and revised forecasts, and preparing papers for Budget Steering Group meetings.
- controlling the financial planning process, including consolidating, reviewing and commenting on individual department and University wide plans.
- preparing and reviewing all Group information reported to external reporting bodies, e.g. OfS, HESA and Research England.
- managing and maintaing the reporting structures with regard to both internal and external reporting.
- ad hoc modelling of financial scenarios as required.
- calculating central service charges for departments.
- TRAC returns, all costing information and calculation of central service charges for departments.
In addition, the Group Accounting Team provides support and advice with regard to coding structures and code creation, standard SAP reporting formats, internal trading and budgetary processes. The Group Accounting Team also supports the Senior Management Team by monitoring the University's overall financial position, and provides accurate and timely financial analysis, projections, and recommendations as part of the process of developing the University's strategic financial plan.
Email: GroupAccounting at warwick dot ac dot uk
Please contact us for team-wide issues.
We also produce a variety of Group Accounting Team (GAT) Resources intended to increase understanding of the University's processes.