The Procurement & Insurance Office offers a comprehensive and professional service, supported by trained procurement and legal professionals, covering all aspects of the University’s procurement and insurance. The Team is responsible for the delivery of the University’s Procurement Strategy and ensuring the financial risks associated with University activities are minimised.
Key responsibilities include:
- delivering the University’s Procurement Strategy, ensuring that the University’s research and teaching activities are supported whilst achieving maximum value for money through procurement activities
- co-ordinating expenditure on goods and services across the University, working to agreed savings targets to establish approved suppliers , negotiating framework agreements and collaborating with regional and national purchasing consortia.
- ensuring the University’s compliance with European and UK legislative requirements.
- ensuring efficient and effective procurement procedures are employed across the University in line with best practice through initiatives such as the he University’s procurement and travel & expenses card programmes.
- Providing professional and comprehensive advice and guidance to University departments on all aspects of procurement.
- Ensuring appropriate and sufficient insurance cover for the University’s estate, the University’s employees, campus visitors (public liability), and for all activities both academic and otherwise.
The Procurement & Insurance section maintains its own website.