eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community.
eduroam allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions by simply opening their laptop.
Warwick staff and students can use their ITS username followed by @warwick.ac.uk to login to the eduroam service on campus or at another participating institution.
Manual setup instructions for eduroam WiFi
Use these instructions to manually configure eduroam on your own device.
- Microsoft Windows
- Apple macOS (Macbook / iMac)
- Apple iOS (iPad / iPod / iPhone)
- Other Devices
Note: Non-Warwick eduroam users should use the instructions provided by their own home institution.
Automated setup for eduroam WiFi
geteduroam is an official app to automatically configure eduroam on Android 11+ or Apple iOS devices:
- Download and install geteduroam from the Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Install and open the app.
- Select University of Warwick and click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, enter your University ITS username and password when prompted to do so.
Alternative setup for eduroam WiFi
eduroam CAT is an official tool available from the eduroam web site.
- This tool is useful if you have an existing connection to the Internet and want to configure eduroam for use later.
- Click download installer, select University of Warwick and then download and install the application.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, entering your University ITS username and password when prompted to do so.
Use of the eduroam service at your home institution or when visiting another academic institution is governed by:
- the Eduroam (UK) Policy
- the University Regulation 31 Governing the use of University Computing Facilities
Breach of these terms could result in disciplinary procedures.
Attention should also be given to the University Privacy Notices which set out the use of your personal data. The applicable notice depends upon your relationship to the University.