Library refurbishment - update on Library services as at 23 July 2021
To complete essential maintenance Floor 3 of the Library will be closed from midnight on Friday 23 July until Sunday 8 August (inclusive). It will re-open on Monday 9 August.
- To access the print collection located on Floor 3, please use the Click & Collect service.
- If you wish to study in the Library, other floors remain open and provide individual study desks, as well as access to computers and printing, copying & scanning provision, including:
Floors 4 & 5 in the Main building.
Floors 2X & 3X in the Extension building. Please note: from Monday 26 July a separate entrance will be in operation to access Floors 2X & 3X. Please ask staff at the Welcome Point for assistance.
- The closure of Floor 3 does affect access to the following facilities:
Toilet facilities are extremely limited. From Monday 26 July:
No toilet facilities will be accessible from Floors 4 & 5.
Toilet facilities in the Extension building remain accessible only to those studying on Floors 2X & 3X (male floors 3X, female on floor 2X, accessible toilets on floors 2X & 3X).
Additional toilet facilities are accessible outside the Library on the Ground floor by the entrance to Café Library.
In addition, drinking water will not be accessible on Floors 4 & 5.
Throughout the Refurbishment Project and essential maintenance works we aim to keep as many of the Library services accessible as possible. However, some changes have had to and will be made in light of closure of areas or Floors. Please see summary below for revised arrangements:
- Welcome Point inside Lib 2 temporary entrance
- Helpdesks inside Lib 2 temporary entrance
- Self-issue machines inside Lib 2
- Returns bins are located inside Lib 2
- Accessible Study Rooms & Assistive Technology areas on Floors 4 & 5 (plus additional provision in PG Hub & Rootes Learning Grid)
- Online collaborative study space is available at Rootes, PG Hub and BioMed Grid
- To support users during this period, ear plugs and bottled water are available – please ask at the Welcome Point/Helpdesk.
As the project progresses it is inevitable, despite all efforts made, that there will be some noise and disruption. We apologise for any inconvenience and disruption caused
Find out more about the project. If you have any comments, questions or feedback, please contact us via the general Library enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An update on Library services due to the refurbishment.
A (major) Library refurbishment project is to start soon – on 5 July.
Following the difficulties with the Wiley 'Read and Publish' agreement in 2020, Wiley have announced that there will need to be restrictions on the use of the agreement for the second year running. As of the 1 July 2021 the use of the 'publish' part of the agreement will be restricted to UKRI / Wellcome Trust funded papers only.
Researchers funded by the seven UK Research Councils (AHRC, BBSRC, EPSRC, ESRC, MRC, NERC and STFC) are advised that the UKRI block grant is closed to new applications with immediate effect.