We are all here to help you. The best way to ask us a question is to email* us at: Library at warwick dot ac dot uk. Alternatively choose one of our specialist teams, listed below, to help you.
The Helpdesk is staffed Mon-Sun from 08:30-21:30 and is located by the entrance of the Library.
- We can help with questions about your Library Account, paying a fine; borrowing and renewing items; reserving an item (placing a hold) and much more
- Get it For Me items are collected from the Helpdesk
- We can help you find items in Library Search the Library’s discovery catalogue
- If you lose an item in the Library, Helpdesk staff may be able to help you locate it
- The Library currently has over 1,000 external members and they were all registered by Helpdesk staff!
You can contact the Helpdesk by:
Envelope mylibraryaccount at warwick dot ac dot uk
Telephone 024 765 22026 to speak to a member of staff or leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Stewards patrol study areas ensuring that people are adhering to the rules and regulations. Look out for them in black t-shirts.
- Help ensure that Health and Safety policies and guidelines are being followed
- That everybody is given an equal chance to study in an environment that is conducive to learning and research
- Staff the Library outside normal staffed hours during the evenings and weekends
- Inform customers about Library policy so that Library customers know what is expected of them
Stewards are in place to help you!
- If you feel that you are being disturbed please find a Library Steward
- Please report the problem at the time it is happening – we can help you more quickly if you do
- You can contact a Steward by text on 07788 351382
Please note: during unstaffed periods Library staff will not be available, therefore stewards patrol the Library to ensure a pleasant working environment for all customers. However, they may not be able to answer enquiries about the Library stock and services.
New to Warwick? See our Get Started guide to make the most of your Library.
Online enquiry channels
- General Library enquiries: library at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Academic Services: academicsupport at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Modern Record Centre: archives at warwick dot ac dot uk
- WRAP publications: publications at warwick dot ac dot uk
Need help out of hours? Use our 'Ask a Librarian' service
If you are new to the Library, this playlist of 'using your Library' videos, including accessible PDF guides will help you find your way around.
- Enter the Library.
- Find a book on the shelves.
- Borrow books.
- Return books.
- Request a book online.
- Find a book with Library Search.
- Access ebooks.
- Access online articles.
- Renew a book online with My Library Account.
- Pay a fine online with My Library Account.
- Book an accessible study room.
- Use the mobile shelving.
Accessible video transcripts
1. These are the self-issue machines.
2. To issue a book, click 'Borrow' and then wave your card over the card sensor to log in.
3.Next, place the book you want to take out onto the sensor shelf in the middle and click ‘Done’ when you've put all the books you want on.
4.Remember to take your receipt as proof that you've taken out the book. It will also contain a due date. You can also use these machines to renew your books and check your account.
1. These are the books returns machines.
2. To return a book, click 'Return' on the screen, place the book under the green light and wait for it to be processed. .
3.Then it will return your book and you'll be able to see the book pop up on the screen. Then click 'Quit'.
4.Always make sure to take your receipt as proof that you have returned it.
*Email privacy statement
We will use your contact details to respond to your question. We will keep a record of your question and our response, but we will not use this for anything other than to improve services. We will use enquiry information, which does not identify individuals, to analyse trends and improve customers' experiences.