If you cannot get to the Library you may wish to take advantage of our Postal Loans service. This service is available for current Warwick staff and students.
The postage charges are as follows:
UK & the Republic of Ireland
- £3.50 for packages weighing under 2kg
- £6.50 for packages weighing over 2 kg
All other destinations
- The cost will depend on the weight of the package and the destination. We will let you know the cost before we send any packages to you
- The charges will be added to your Library record as a miscellaneous fine, to be paid next time you visit the Library. Alternatively, you can pay online using a valid credit or debit card
- The service does not currently cover Alumni members or external members of the library
- Only Standard Loan books may be borrowed
- We are unable to send Reference, 3 Day Loan, Short Loan books or DVDs
- We are also unable to send books if they are required by other borrowers, as standard loans automatically change to 3 Day Loans when holds are placed on them
- Books may be recalled at any time. If you have borrowed a book which is then recalled, you will not be able to renew it. If a book is recalled you will receive an email from the Library asking you to return it. The new return date will be shown on the Recall email and may be earlier than the original due date. Fines for non-return of a recalled book currently stand at £1 per day
Calendar plus Postal Loan request
The address to return books to is:
The University of Warwick
Gibbet Hill Road
WBS students based at The Shard may request books from the Main Library stock to be sent to The Shard using this service.
- Please complete the online request form, indicating The Shard as the postal address. There is no charge for this.
- Books can also be returned to WBS at The Shard.
- If you wish to post books back to the Library then you will need to cover the postal charges.
For further information about this service please contact The Shard Programme Team, or the Resource Delivery Team on the contact details below.
Warwick Wellesbourne Campus staff
Staff based at the Warwick Wellesbourne Campus may request books from the Main Library stock using this service. The item will be sent in the internal post to the Warwick Wellesbourne Campus & can be returned the same way. There is no charge for this. Normal charges apply if you want the item to be sent via the standard postal service.
If you need any further information or assistance you can contact the Resource Delivery team by phone on 024 7652 4134 or by email postalloans at warwick dot ac dot uk.