All borrowers should be aware that books may be recalled at any time. If you are leaving the country or are planning to go away for more than a week you should return your Library books before you go.
- If you have borrowed a book which is then recalled, you will not be able to renew it
- University staff and students should also check that they are receiving Warwick University emails and set up email diverts as required. To set up a forward email more information is available from IT Services
- External borrowers are responsible for ensuring that the Library holds their current email address
- Items cannot be renewed if another borrower has requested a hold on an item
- If another borrower requests a hold on a 3 Day Loan you will not receive a recall email notice but you will not be able to renew the item. Please note that you are advised not borrow 3 day loan items unless you are in a position to return the item in 3 days
What happens if my books have been recalled?
If you have borrowed a book which another customer has requested via Click and Collect, you will receive an email from the Library asking you to return it. This may be earlier than the original due date. The new return date will be shown on the Recall email and this will be 7 days after the Click and Collect request was placed. If you do not return the book by the new due date your library record will be blocked and you will be unable to borrow or renew items.
How many Click and Collect requests can I make at any one time?
- University Staff - unlimited
- Postgraduates 20 items
- Undergraduates 10 items