- Get booked on a workshop for some useful strategies about a range of issues
- Consider registering for counselling NOW and booking your appointment for AFTER your exam period to discuss any issues you may have around transitions to your next stage in life - counsellors are available throughout the summer term and into vacation
- Check out the range of self help resources with e-sheets on over 60 issues with information and links to follow
- If you don't want to commit to a particular date, time and place, try out email counselling - register and write in anytime and you'll get a reply each Thursday (you don't have to write in every week if that doesn't suit you)
- For details about our face-to-face individual counseling, submit an enquiry via https://wellbeing.warwick.ac.uk/ then you can use the 'call to book' system to arrange an appointment to suit your schedule
- See the short film so you can see what the counselling service looks like - don't let anxiety of the unknown put you off coming!
Common concerns experienced by finalists include:
Exam Anxiety - read the tips or listen to the podcast, or come to the drop in sessions in Westwood House - see above
- Stress or panic - ensure you unwind regularly - try a relaxation exercise or listen to a podcast
- Low mood - take a look at http://studentsagainstdepression.org/
- Perfectionist tendencies - check out podcast and e-sheet
- Disturbed sleep - get some tips and try the free app
- Plan ahead - consider using the Careers Service
- Check out the Wellbeing Service for a range of wellbeing guidance
Get yourself sorted before you leave university - take charge of your issues before they take charge of you!
counselling has provided me with a foundation for tackling any future problems I may have"
I found the workshop extremely helpful...it changed the way I think about myself and others"
Counselling was one of the best experiences of my life. Without wishing to sound cheesy, it has changed my life and it has enabled me to understand myself and my problems with an aim to redefining myself and my future"