What is it? How do Manage it? When do I need to seek help?
It is perfectly normal to experience low mood some of the time. Everyone will feel upset, sad or worried at some point. It’s good to recognise how you feel and know what to do to improve your mood.
Difficult experiences or events can leave us feeling low. Some examples of which are:
- Relationship problems- maybe with a partner, friend or flatmate.
- Bereavement- especially when you are away from family and may feel less connected.
- Stress- deadlines, finance and all kinds of things can leave us feeling stressed.
- Illness or pain- a sports injury stopping you playing for example, or that grumbling toothache.
- Sometimes you may not see an obvious reason.
Feeling low can present as: