"Anything is possible"
This scholarship is funded through the generosity of Warwick alumni and friends in Singapore, through the Friends of the University of Warwick in Singapore Trust.
About this scholarship
Each year, the Trustees will award a scholarship to outstanding, academically-able undergraduate students from Singapore who are financially-disadvantaged.
A scholarship will be offered to Singaporean nationals and Permanent Residents who can demonstrate that:
- They are the first in their family to experience international higher education;
- They are financially-disadvantaged (gross family income of less than $4,000 per month, or per capita income not exceeding $1000 per month);
- They are on financial assistance at their current school or from the Ministry of Education Financial Assistance Scheme or Independent School Bursary; and
- They have received an offer of an undergraduate place from Warwick before applying for the scholarship.
Duration and Terms of the Scholarship Award
The scholarship supports a maximum of three years of undergraduate study, and will cover tuition and other compulsory fees. Scholarship recipients benefit from funding of up to $65,000 SGD per year to cover fees and contribution to living expenses.
The scholarship is subjected to satisfactory performance and academic results, along with additional requirements relating to reporting to the Trust. A detailed scholarship agreement will be provided for the successful applicant.
There is no formal bond requirement. Scholars will however be required to report annually on their progress to the Trustees. In addition, they will need to complete a termly blog, attend events as the trustees or University may request from time to time, including donor receptions and support the recruitment of further scholars.
Warwick is a leading university, forward-looking and ambitious, where the starting point is always ‘anything is possible’. We're consistently ranked among the top 10 universities in the UK, and are as respected for boundary-breaking research as for teaching and business collaborations. We strive to lead rather than follow, and are renowned for our entrepreneurialism and cosmopolitan outlook.
The Warwick campus is both peaceful and invigorating, with beautiful lakes and sculpture trails sitting alongside state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities. The large Students’ Union with over 300 clubs and societies, great sports facilities, and unparalleled Warwick Arts Centre means that there is always something interesting to do on campus.
Warwick students have access to over 300 UK and international employers that visit the campus each year, and the University is ranked in the top 20 in the world for reputation among employers.
Join a welcoming community of world-class scholars, real world experts, and some of the best students from more than 192 countries, all united in their passion for learning.
- Make sure you read our online guidance and eligibility criteria here
- Download your application form here
- Applications are now closed for 2019 entry. Information for 2020 entry will be available soon.
- 5 September 2019 - 15 January 2020: Apply for your undergraduate programme at Warwick via UCAS.
- March 2020: If you have been offered a place, you can apply for the scholarship by submitting the application form by 15 March 2020.
- Late April 2020: Candidates will be informed of the outcome of their application.
- July-September 2020: Successful candidate(s) will be supported in their pre-departure preparations by the Warwick Singapore office.
Meet current scholar Jade Oh
Meet alumnus Chandra Prakash
Learn more about how these scholarships are funded:
find out more about the Trust or donate today