How long will it take to process my application?
After you have applied, we will contact you within two working days to help you set up your account on the Applicant Portal. From that time on, you can track your application status at any time online.
We consider every application carefully at Warwick.
- Taught courses: Once we have your complete application (including scanned copies of transcripts and references), we will usually contact you with our decision within 4 - 6 weeks.
- Research programmes: Once we have your complete application (including scanned copies of transcripts, research proposal and references if you have already identified a potential supervisor), we will usually contact you with our decision within 6 - 8 weeks.
In busy periods there might be a slight delay, but we will always get back to you as soon as possible.
How are applications assessed?
We will pass your application to the department running your course. They will consider the whole application, assess your results and qualifications to date, personal statement and references. They might ask you to provide extra information to help them to make a decision.
Our admissions team will then carry out any extra checks, and contact you with one of these responses:
- Unconditional offer: You have met all the academic conditions required and we are offering you a place in a postgraduate programme at Warwick.
- Conditional offer: You have an offer of a place subject to meeting some conditions. We will explain any conditions you need to meet in your offer letter and in the Applicant Portal.
- Unsuccessful: Unfortunately we are unable to offer you a place at this time.