Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Childcare Provision

If you are thinking about applying to Warwick to study for a postgraduate degree and are considering the inevitable costs involved with childcare provision (or are already here and are paying for childcare whilst you study), it is crucial to know that help and financial support are available.

Funding for nursery places

As a postgraduate student, there are several ways in which you may be able to apply for financial assistance to help with childcare:

PGCE Students

If you are/will be studying on a PGCE course and have a low income, you may be entitled to a Childcare Grant to cover up to 85% of childcare fees under the government’s Student Support Package.

International students

The International Students’ Childcare Fund provides discretionary financial help to enable International and EU students, with preschool age children in an approved childcare facility, to pursue a course of study. Applications to the fund are considered in the light of each applicant’s financial circumstances and the extent of childcare required.

Remission will normally only be granted for childcare sessions during term time for one child only in the first instance, and is unlikely to exceed half of the actual cost of the childcare provision taken each term. Any entitlement to government voucher remission for children aged 3 or 4 years old will be taken into account when an award is made from the fund. Additional children may be considered later in the academic year dependent on the availability of funds.

Registered full and part-time International and EU students, pursuing a course of study leading to a formal qualification (e.g. Undergraduate degree, Master’s or PhD), can submit an application to ISCF.

Students should have a child or children attending the University Nursery or another registered/approved childcare facility prior to applying to ISCF.

Applications to the International Students' Childcare Fund can be submitted on the Student Funding Support webpage.

Alternatively you can request an application form via studentfunding at warwick dot ac dot uk.