Funding Opportunites for Research Degrees
Applying for funding will often be an important part of applying for postgraduate study or research.
Many funding sources require a separate application, but doctoral candidates should apply for Warwick’s PhD scholarships via the application form for postgraduate admission to the University. The scholarships available via this route are currently the Chancellor’s International Scholarships, Chancellor’s Scholarships, and AHRC Doctoral Awards. These scholarships are only open for applications during certain periods, so it is advisable to make a combined application for admission and for a scholarship during the open period.
Please note that detailed information on all these awards (and some other others not listed here), as well as advice for your application, is available through the Graduate School website.
For All Students
- Chancellor's Scholarships (applications closed for 2012/13)
- Wolfson Foundation Scholarships
- Other Awards
For International Students
- Chancellor's International Scholarships (applications closed for 2012/13)
- China Scholarship Council Awards
- Banco de Mexico
- Fullbright Awards
Research Council Awards
- Arts & Humanities Research Council (AHRC) (applications closed for 2012/13)
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- Economic & Social Research Council (ESRC)
- Engineering & Physical Sciences Research Council Funding (EPSRC)
For those students who are unsuccessful in their application for a scholarship, the Graduate School also provide information on the more unusual ways students have used to fund a research degree at Warwick. This is available on the 'Funding without Funding' webpage.