Chair: Kulbir Shergill, Honorary Fellow - Professional Services, Andy Johnson, Honorary Fellow.
WIE Team Link: Josh Oakes
Members: Helen Wheatley, Freya Harrison, Alex Baker, Michele Aaron, Damien Homer, Stefania Paredes Fuentes, Mark Hinton, Eleanor Hoverd, Caroline Rushingwa, Tishtrya Mehta, Margaret Low, Vishalakshi Roy, Beth Russell, Georgia-May Brown, Rhianna Pike, Massimiliano Lacertosa, Angharad Butler-Rees.
Achievements January - July 2021
We have held one meeting and from this identified 6 potential workstreams which we intend to explore further.
- Principles for inclusion
- A listening framework (best practice)
- Catalogue of audiences
- Repository of case studies, dilemmas, assumptions to question
- Explore evaluation with LC4
- Work with LCs1/6 on training resources.
Ambitions into 2022
With our workstreams and priorities identified we're seeking to further flesh these out with set objectives for each. Additionally we intend to invite external speakers to build our knowledge and expertise in this area, and begin to collaborate with other learning circles (including LC8 - audiences, and 11 - co-production).
- LC1: Staff Engagement Training
- LC2: New Skills of Engagement
- LC3: Guide to Promoting Events and Event Management
- LC4: Evaluation and Assessment of PE Projects
- LC5: Supporting Public Engagement elements of Staff Research/Teaching Funding Bids
- LC6: Student Training in Public Engagement (UG and PG)
- LC7: Developing a Pedagogy of Public Engagement
- LC8: Development of Best Practice for Talking to Different Audience Groups
- LC9: Promotion and Impact, Outreach and Engagement Review
- LC10: EUTOPIA Public Engagement Strategy Development
- LC11: Co-Producing Research and Collaborating with Communities
- LC12: Developing an Inclusive Engagement approach
- LC13: The Future of Engagement in Higher Education
- LC14: STEM Grand Challenge