Hello or "Apa Khabar" (in Malay Language) to Everyone!
I am a Phd Student at the University of Warwick. Having graduated my first degree from University Technology Mara (UiTM) and Masters in Information Technology from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (National University of Malaysia, 2000). I had joined Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia since 1997 as a tutor and then after finishing my Masters in the year of 2000, I had been promoted to lecturers position at the Faculty of Information Science & Technology, until I went to pursue my PhD studies here at the University of Warwick.
I am proud of being a Malaysian, Malaysia Truly Asia!
Department of Computer Science
University of Warwick
Coventry, CV4 7AL
Department : Department Of Computer Science
Research Group : IAS ( Intelligent Adaptive System)
Supervisor : Dr. M.S.Joy
Research Area: Educational technology, Computer Science and Education
Research Interest :The roles and functionalities by metadata & ontologies
Research Topic : A Metametadata Framework to Support Semantic Searching of Pedagogic Data
Funding : Malaysian Government scholarship
- A. Ismail and M.S. Joy, “A Novel Approach for Metametadata Views in Learning Domains”, Proceedings of ED-MEDIA - World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications pp. 3550-3557; Chesapeake, VA: AACE (2007).
- Amirah Ismail, Mike Joy “A Pedagogic Framework Based on Dynamic Metadata”. MRG–IC2006 International conference ,(2006).
- Kennedy, I.G., Fallahkhair, S., Fraser, R., Ismail, A., Rossano, V., & Trifonova, A.,(2005). A Simple Web-based Adaptive Educational System (SWAES). Special issue of Technology, Instruction, Cognition and Learning on modeling and simulation.
- 3 Sept 2007 ALT-C 2007, Generative Learning Objects in the Making: a hands-on workshop from RLO-CETL Nottingham University, UK.
- 19-21 June 2006 MRG-IC2006 International Conference, at the University of Salford, UK.
- 1 March 2005 ALT Spring Conference and Research Seminar 2005: Reflective learning, future thinking, Dublin Institute of Technology, Dublin.
- 30 Aug -2 Sept 2004 ICALT 2004The 4th IEEE International Conference on Advance Leanring Technologies, in Jeonsuu, Finland.
- 23 Aug-27 2004 International Summer School on Educational Technology, at the University of Joensuu, Finland.
- 16 Apr 04 Beyond the Learner - Student and Government Perception of the E-Learning Experience , University of Oxford.
- 15 Apr 04 The Shock of the Old 4: "e-Learning, The Student Experience" at the University of Oxford.
- 27 Jan 04 Learning Objects for Computing: present achievements, future prospects , London Metropolitan University.
- ICALT Summer School, Adaptive Learning System, University of Jeonsuu, Finland. August 2004
I am always keen in cooperating with others. If you have any concerns or ideas to share with, then please don't hesitate to contact me :)
For more online help, check out the Getting Started section of the ePortfolio Website.